How to hobble off the ship?

the admiral12

We are headed out on the Caribbean Princess next week and both my wife and I are hobbling ( crutches for her, limping for me). I have been to our three ports before ( Cozumel, Roatan, Belize) and all have long walks down the pier and through shopping to get to the taxis. ( and up a hill in Roatan)

Is there any way to get a ride from shipside to the taxis at any of these ports or from Princess? It sounds silly but 1000 yards of walking can be very painful.

We just got off the Caribbean yesterday. I did not see any motorized assistance in Roatan/Mahogany Bay. I did see pax in wheel chairs with what appeared to be a service person pushing them.

I did see the bicycle taxis in Cozumel at Puerto Maya so that should not be a problem.

I did not see any assistance of any kind at the pier in Belize after leaving the tender. We had a lot of motorized chairs on the ship though and saw them in Roatan and Cozumel.

In Cozumel there were pedal taxis from the ship to the end of the pier. Could fit 2 adults in each. Not sure of the cost.

In Roatan we went to Maya Key. Long walk to the shuttle boat, but saw someone get a wheelchair (and a person to push it) to take them from the CB to the pier to catch shuttle boat. The woman on the island who met us and explained everything was also there as we were leaving. I heard her ask an elderly man if he needed a wheelchair to get back to the cruise ship. She said she would radio ahead and the wheelchair was waiting as we pulled up.

Perhaps check with the Excursion Desk or Passenger Services Desk.

Belize is a tender port. We snorkeled and our tour boat picked us up right at the boat so can't help you there.

Hope this helps!