Balcony info for Allure

After reading many recent reviews we are ready to book Allure. My TA is currently offering a sweet deal ending soon with even more perks when booking a balcony.

I am looking at the deck plans and am confused by all the different balcony catagories. We prefer something near elevators with passenger cabins above and below. We don't care if the view is somewhat obstructed and don't mind a bit of a walk.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

When are you sailing, deck plans are changing.

Looking to book the 2/1/15 cruise. Will be getting off Celebrity Eclipse in Miami that day and driving up to Port Everglades to board Allure. I did a dummy booking and all they show me are balconies on deck 7 or 8. I guess the selection is limited because the new rule about 2 people booking a cabin that holds 3 or 4 won't be allowed.

Do you think something towards aft on deck 8 would be quiet?

Looking to book the 2/1/15 cruise. Will be getting off Celebrity Eclipse in Miami that day and driving up to Port Everglades to board Allure. I did a dummy booking and all they show me are balconies on deck 7 or 8. I guess the selection is limited because the new rule about 2 people booking a cabin that holds 3 or 4 won't be allowed.

Do you think something towards aft on deck 8 would be quiet?

The different categories can be very confusing with a crazy pricing structure. You just need to look at if you want an ocean view, boardwalk view, or central park view balcony. I am not sure if the aft would be more quire or not as you have the Family balcony rooms that start on deck 7. I only say it may be loud because you don't know the size of the family that could be booked or if the kids would be running up and down the halls at all hour of the day/night. We did sail on on Oasis on deck 14 on the most aft OV balcony and it was very quiet but deck 14 does not have a family balcony room at the end of the hall.

Deck 8 is Central Park very quite and beutiful at night. We love walking through there at night. They have wonderful music at night a great place to just walk or sit and listen to the music before heading to our room. We booked a JS on deck 8 for our October Cruise just because we spent so much time in Central Park at night. Nice thing is if you are getting a OV Balcony there iare no rooms directly across from you. Well very few rooms.