Getaway Haven Suites not in the Haven

southt00

Hi:

We have sailed the Epic twice in the 2bdr. Haven Courtyard Villa. We enjoyed having our cabin located right in the Haven area as we would frequently go between our room and the pool, lounge and restaurant. Also we could watch our daughter run back to the cabin and come back if she forgot something.

On the Getaway, we noticed that a lot of the Haven cabins are not actually located in the Haven. What is that like? For example, there are aft facing cabins. Is it inconvenient to head forward to the Haven all the time? Not sure how I feel about this. With the current pricing structure, we may not be able to afford a cabin located directly in the Haven.

Also, for any forward facing cabins, are the balconies enclosed or open? Are they windy?

TIA.

T.

I can't speak on the Getaway, but on the Epic we had an aft facing suite. While we did enjoy Posh a lot, but it was definitely not super convient. We never even spent any time at all in the actual Haven pool area, but did have a few lunches and breakfasts in the Haven restaurant. I think we would have used the Haven a LOT more if we had been located in the actual Haven. In fact, if we ever book the Epic again we definitely would book in the Haven.

That said, for the AWAY ships, those aft penthouse Suites look amazing, especially the balconies. I think those suites would be worth it to not be in the actual Haven area, although again, I bet the people in those suites do not use the Haven as much as the people actually in the Haven.

Edited by maja651

Hi:

Also, for any forward facing cabins, are the balconies enclosed or open? Are they windy?

T.

For the forward facing Haven Suites, the balconies are actually on the side. The bedroom has a "picture window" that faces forward. With the exception of deck 13, the balconies have a slight overhead cut accross the balcony. Deck 13 balconies are more enclosed.

CC Member Bear 3412 put together a great speadsheet on the Breakaway, which has similar cabins, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Make sure you click on the visual aid link to see photos of the cabin and balcony photos.

Edited by SoCA6ft5
Spelling

For the forward facing Haven Suites, the balconies are actually on the side. The bedroom has a "picture window" that faces forward. With the exception of deck 13, the balconies have a slight overhead cut accross the balcony. Deck 13 balconies are more enclosed.

CC Member Bear 3412 put together a great speadsheet on the Breakaway, which has similar cabins, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Make sure you click on the visual aid link to see photos of the cabin and balcony photos.

That is so helpful! Thank you. I think we are better to save longer and get the 2bdr villa....sigh.

T.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi:

We have sailed the Epic twice in the 2bdr. Haven Courtyard Villa. We enjoyed having our cabin located right in the Haven area as we would frequently go between our room and the pool, lounge and restaurant. Also we could watch our daughter run back to the cabin and come back if she forgot something.

On the Getaway, we noticed that a lot of the Haven cabins are not actually located in the Haven. What is that like? For example, there are aft facing cabins. Is it inconvenient to head forward to the Haven all the time? Not sure how I feel about this. With the current pricing structure, we may not be able to afford a cabin located directly in the Haven.

TIA.

T.

We had an aft PH on the Breakaway and we LOVED it. The balconies are amazing as well as the size of the cabin. The foot traffic at the aft is pretty much limited to those with cabins back there so there is seems to be less noise from the traffic outside the door. We used the Haven facilities every day including lunch and breakfast (unless we had it delivered to our balcony.) It is really the best of both worlds.