Shore Shuttles - Darwin Australia

The Captain90

Doing a cruise with a stop over in Darwin Australia later in the year. I am from Australia and have been to Darwin a few times so none of the shore tours interest me.

I would like to go into the city however and with the wharf being some distance away was wondering if Princess provide a bus shuttle from the wharf to the city.

Does anyone know??

Doing a cruise with a stop over in Darwin Australia later in the year. I am from Australia and have been to Darwin a few times so none of the shore tours interest me.

I would like to go into the city however and with the wharf being some distance away was wondering if Princess provide a bus shuttle from the wharf to the city.

Does anyone know??

princess doesn't provide a shuttle bus but the council does and the cost was $8 one way or $14 return and that was the price a couple of years ago

if you feel like walking it takes approx 20 mins to walk to town

There's also a good pub at the bottom of the hill just to the south (right if you're facing the hill) of the elevator if you need sustenance either before or after your journey.

It has a very large selection of craft beer. You might just find you don't need to go into town ... or can't.

If you have too much, it's also a nice place where you can watch the ship sail away. :eek:

Edited by beg3yrs

We were in Darwin last April and took one of the Princess excursions. We were given the opportunity to leave the tour in town instead of going directly back to the ship. We took the shuttle back to the ship.

There was a nice wine shop near the drop off point - the ship's staff knew all about it. ;) Sorry, I don't recall its name, but I did buy a couple of bottles to take back to the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the info. At $14.00 for a return shuttle there is a rip off here. When Cruise Ships call into Newcastle NSW the terminal is about 5 klm from the city and the shuttles which run continually are free.

Thanks all for the info. At $14.00 for a return shuttle there is a rip off here. When Cruise Ships call into Newcastle NSW the terminal is about 5 klm from the city and the shuttles which run continually are free.

princess does not operate the shuttles as they are provided by the council

we got the shuttle one way at $16 for two people into the city and caught a taxi back to the ship which was cheaper than getting the return shuttle

It has been our experience that Princess charges for the shuttle if they provide it. Often the local government or business group will provide a free shuttle to entice people into the town.