MSC Customer Service- Please help ! !

rothjer

Hello- We have had the worst luck with our upcoming sailing on MSC Divina on April 19th, 2014. We booked with a reputable (or so I thought) cruise agency and the whole booking is a mess!- we were "told" that we could book 3 rooms (for the whole family) side by side to one another, however due to limitations, one room would be upgraded to a balcony and the other two would be side by side across the hall- in lieu of this no OBC would be offered- which was fine with us and a nice offer from what it sounded like. When we received our cruise tickets- two rooms were close to one another, but not next to one another, and the other was on the deck up from the other- all were insides- no balcony as offered. We told the agent we had a small baby (22 months) and he booked our rooms right above the theater and one right next to the elevators- great!- we thought we could at least switch around rooms to accommodate baby -but even that is impossible.

When I called MSC- they were unable to help us with our reservation as this was booked by a travel agency and referred us back to them. Time and time again, the agency says there is nothing that can be done- the price of the cruise has gone down since what we paid, there are from what I see other cabins available, and yet they cannot help us out at all, or are absolutely unwilling. It ended with the travel agency basically saying there isnt anything else they can do, and that we should stop contacting them !- What a horrible experience!!

MSC- is there anything we can do- top priority is to ensure our little one has a peaceful nights sleep, and we know from previous experiences that this will not be possible atop the theater. Please help if you can!

Edited by rothjer

Sounds like a total incompetent agent for sure, i guess you have now paid in Full ? if not ring MSC and ask if you can transfer the booking to them but i fear it may be a bit too late. Although as i often say to people "if you do not ask you do not get"

Sad to hear you are being ripped off in this way.

Danbee- its a very well known cruise travel agency- as a cruise traveler, I have always booked directly with the agency- however, MSC was not able to provide me with the same price, so I decided (after using this online agency for years as my go to place for prices) - I know a lot of cruisers who I have met in the past on cruises that use them, and It is such a shame that I have had such a bad experience. -

Sounds like a total incompetent agent for sure, i guess you have now paid in Full ? if not ring MSC and ask if you can transfer the booking to them but i fear it may be a bit too late. Although as i often say to people "if you do not ask you do not get"

Sad to hear you are being ripped off in this way.

I totally feel ripped off- then again, life is full of lessons- and how mad can you be about going on a cruise!? I just worry about my little one, and frankly want to see if anything can be done about this !

Thanks! Fingers crossed MSC customer service can help us out and or make this situation a bit better!

If your agent won't help, never use them again!

If you get no help from MSC before your cruise, ask customer service once you get on board! They may not be able to help you the first night, but if there is another cabin available, they might help you by the second! Remember to bring your baby with you, and ask nicely, it might help!

Good luck!

But if all else fails, as a newer ship, your cabin might be quiet enough!

Thanks RB- I don't want to take advantage or anything like that- Im not looking for a freebie but just someone who will listen and can help solve out situation, the heck to the Balcony room promised- I just hope we can figure something out so that we are all close by and that my baby isnt kept up by Broadways greatest hits every night!

Thanks RB- I don't want to take advantage or anything like that- Im not looking for a freebie but just someone who will listen and can help solve out situation, the heck to the Balcony room promised- I just hope we can figure something out so that we are all close by and that my baby isnt kept up by Broadways greatest hits every night!

I don't understand how the TA could book 3 cabins without you approving their location first? Were these guarantees? What did you mean by "due to limitations"? Regardless, it is quite upsetting when one does not get what they have been told to expect. Does the big online TA have a Facebook page? It may be worthwhile to post there as well. Did you receive a customer service survey from the TA after booking? I also recently booked through a big online agency that had exclusive MSC rates, and the booking went amiss. I filled out the survey and low and behold they called me at home to discuss it. Nothing changed with my booking, but at least they listened. A simple room change should not be this difficult. I think a big thing with MSC is their long phone waits. With fast moving inventory, TAs can't seem to lock in cabins before they disappear. Good luck!

Try sending MSC a message on Facebook. They responded to me very quickly and fixed an issue I was having with my booking. Not sure why you are posting your complaint on Cruise Critic, as MSC does not monitor these boards on a regular basis.

As a TA myself, your booking description seems a bit odd, when your booking was made, a booking summary was sent to your agent outlying category/ room etc. Did you spend time with your agent going over deck plans, cabin selection etc?

Also, before final payment anytime the price goes down, your TA can call in and get your booking readjusted to the lower rate. I do that all the time for my clients.

If it is actually a TA issue, I would manage up to their boss and have them contact the Regional Manager for Ontario for MSC to step in and try and fix the issue.

If worse comes to worse, why not switch rooms with one of your other party members?

Good Luck

Edited by Laurnat

What's happening to you is terrible and points out the importance of selecting a competent cruise agent. How did you find these guys?

Or booking it yourself and retaining complete control over the booking.

If it helps, I've been "directly over" noising venues and "right next to" elevators.

There is never a noise issue. Any noise is from hall traffic. You're going ot have that no matter where you stay.

And for those who still don't realize it, if you book a cruise through a travel agent you are in effect waiving your right to communicate directly with the cruise line concerning your booking.

And that includes while you're out to sea, and your travel agent is back home doing his grocery shopping or visiting her mom in the hospital, or doing whatever it is regular people do besides worry about your booking.

Not too sure who you booked with, but if they are Ontario registered, you are covered under TICO. (Travel Industry Council of Ontario)

If you get nowhere with the agency owner, try and and contact the MSC Regional Manager, (google MSC/ Divinia/ Ontario Regional manager) for her contact information.

In the end, if nothing is done you can file a complaint with TICO as well as the BBB.

Once you drop the word TICO to your agent or the owner, it will be amazing about how fast they will be willing to help you.

Hope this helps