Injured Entertainer

Just returned from back to back cruises on Freedom. At the end of the first week during the farewell show on March 1, an entertainer, during an aerial act fell to the stage, ending the show. The next morning they announced she was doing better and had been transferred to a Florida hospital. Does anyone have info on her condition?

Was that why the ambulance was waiting for us on the dock on

Sunday? I was also on Freedom last week. I did not know about that accident.

On our December Freedom cruise, one of the ice skaters during the show got an artery cut by his partners skate. They said he would be out for weeks and Freedom had to adjust all future shows to work around his part.

I hope the young lady acrobat is doing better by now indeed. Difficult and dangerous

job they do.

Did you see the bad accident one of the lady passengers had on a jet ski? It was right

in front of the ship at Labadee. It took a long time to bring her back to the ship since

they had to immobilize her fearing a spinal injury. One of the officers said they had to bring her

off the ship later for more care than they could provide.

Edited by island lady

Was that why the ambulance was waiting for us on the dock on

Sunday? I was also on Freedom last week. I did not know about that accident.

On our December Freedom cruise, one of the ice skaters during the show got an artery cut by his partners skate. They said he would be out for weeks and Freedom had to adjust all future shows to work around his part.

I hope the young lady acrobat is doing better by now indeed. Difficult and dangerous

job they do.

Did you see the bad accident one of the lady passengers had on a jet ski? It was right

in front of the ship at Labadee. It took a long time to bring her back to the ship since they had to immobilize her fearing a spinal injury. One of the officers said they had to bring her

off the ship later for more care than they could provide.

I did not see the jet ski accident. The ambulance could have been waiting for the entertainer, we were backing to backing it so we didn't get off to see. We did see someone that broke their foot on a root on the beach at Cococay, so I guess it's dangerous for us as well as the entertainers

I did not see the jet ski accident. The ambulance could have been waiting for the entertainer, we were backing to backing it so we didn't get off to see. We did see someone that broke their foot on a root on the beach at Cococay, so I guess it's dangerous for us as well as the entertainers

I am guessing that ambulance was for someone else then. We saw it from our starboard (dock side) balcony during disembarkation this last Sunday.

Nope, did not know about the notorious foot versus root accident in Coco Cay.

Ouch!! :eek: I realize now that was on your first B2B leg. We were on the western route, with the jet ski accident in Labadee.

Edited by island lady