Celebrity tour in San Juan

mg33626

We are interested in the bioluminescent tour Celebrity offers. The Reflection is in port until 10pm, and curious if this really allows time to experience the kayaking trip after dark. I welcome your thoughts.

We are interested in the bioluminescent tour Celebrity offers. The Reflection is in port until 10pm, and curious if this really allows time to experience the kayaking trip after dark. I welcome your thoughts.

It used to be listed as an option in the Celebrity excursions. I recently noticed that it is no longer listed for our upcoming cruise. I don't know if it is sold out or if they no longer offer it. I suspect it's the latter because I also looked for it for a cruise we have reserved much farther in the future and it's not offered for that one either. I wonder if anyone knows anything about this. I was planning to just wait until we get onboard in a few weeks and check with the excursion desk. I've heard it is a worthwhile trip, but you need to check the moon phase. If it's a full moon it is likely to be too bright to appreciate it.

I've wondered this too. We'll be on the Reflection week after next. I checked and the moon phase is perfect, but the excursion is not being offered. I even called Celebrity customer service (40 minute hold) and they said it's not being offered. No idea why.

Have you checked the Ports of Call board for Puerto Rico to see if it can be booked through an independent tour operator? That's the first thing I would do. There might also be information on that board about the cancellation of the excursion. You can also check on Trip Advisor. The excursion, if offered, would be found under the MORE on the banner with tour options or in the travel forum.

I did check that board, and the general consensus it seemed to me is that if you're in port for the day on a cruise ship, it's best to do the ship excursion as time can be tight and traffic in San Juan can be awful. I'm the first one to use independent excursions usually, but it made me wary. But yes, there are independent tour operators that do it.

I had it booked for my upcoming trip on the reflection April 19th and about 2 weeks ago Celebrity emailed me saying "due to operational reasons" the trip excursion was cancelled and I was refunded my money. The moon was supposed to be at an optimal time. Not sure what happened but I was too nervous to book it on my own due to the amount of time it takes. I booked something else on my own and I'm still excited but very disappointed I won't get to experience the biobay.