scuba/snorkle cozumel

sross6019

I haven't used them (I used Alison)- but if Alison recommends them, I'd trust her recommendation. She was amazing!

Aldora gets fabulous reviews on scubaboard and will accomodate cruisers, but they were too expensive for me.

Anyone use Aldora? They use steel tanks, which I prefer (especially if they overfill them).

Eagle Ray hasn't emailed us back, we're on the boat next week, and need to set something up.

Thanks and regards,

Griff

Sheepdoggrif, I had the same lack of response from Eagle Ray, so decided to go with H2O. Check out their website. They apparently visit 4 reefs over 4+ hours for $60 per person. I am booked with them and really looking forward to their tour.

Sheepdoggrif, I had the same lack of response from Eagle Ray, so decided to go with H2O. Check out their website. They apparently visit 4 reefs over 4+ hours for $60 per person. I am booked with them and really looking forward to their tour.

Eagle Ray finally responded, and then an hour later basically said "Ooops, we didn't mean that. Use the following (form) letter instead" with higher prices. I am sure they are good people and great divers, but crappy business people. No thanks.

We'll be diving with Aldora on Saturday and I'll post here how it goes. They use steel 100s (ladies) and 120s (for the guys), so no "25 minutes and you're done" bottom times allowed! We're looking forward to trying them out.

I'll also check out H2O and add them to the "check them out next time" list.

Thanks and regards,

Griff

I'm surprised about your experiences with contacting Eagle Ray. Diana has been very responsive whenever I've emailed her about our trip, although we aren't in a hurry since it's not until July!

Best diving operator in Cozumel I would say is Scuba Club Cozumel. We dove with them once on a cruise trip and now will not use anyone else. We even book dedicated week dive trips with them. Everything is built around diving. Tell them you are coming in a ship and they will schedule you. Nice shower, bathroom, lockers, beach, for use for the day as well. If you have non-divers they can stay on the property while you dive and lounge in the hammocks, swim in the pool, snorkel around the reef, play in the sand, read by the ocean, use the wifi, whatever. After diving and showering you can walk into town while you leave your gear in the lockers (bring a padlock). Then take a cab back to pier after a day in scuba paradise. We have used them for over 10 years.

Just back from Cozumel and wanted to give a report on Aldora (I copied this from the other current Cozumel dive thread).

I am emphatically stating that Aldora is a class operation. They attended to everything on board and took us to two outstanding spots. The surface interval was adequate and allowed us some beach time to get something to eat. Fortunately our group of 5 divers were all experienced divers, so our dives were to 80 and 70 feet. The DM's octo had a 7' hose in case there were any air hogs, with his rational being if someone was running low, yet everyone else had plenty of air, he would let them use his long octo so we could continue the dive. Fortunately everyone managed their breathing well.

What sets them apart is they do NOT use AL80s. A Steel 100 for the ladies, and a Steel 120 for the guys, are standard. The steel tanks pushed to 3500psi allowed a 56 minute and a 68 minute dive. You're not likely to see that with a diverse group of divers to these depths with AL80s.

An excellent DM, very good crew, and the use of steel tanks set Aldora apart in my opinion. This, by no means, is any reflection of Scuba Club, which two of our forum members give very high remarks to. Good operators need "air time" (positive publicity) from knowledgeable divers. So it sounds like we have two good operators to choose from, Scuba Club and Aldora.