Bacardi Store

VanessaM

Does anyone know if they reopened the Bacardi company store after the fire? We've heard conflicting reports and thought I'd check before we go in a couple of weeks. If they have, did they rebuild in the same location or move somewhere else? Thanks....

Does anyone know if they reopened the Bacardi company store after the fire? We've heard conflicting reports and thought I'd check before we go in a couple of weeks. If they have, did they rebuild in the same location or move somewhere else? Thanks....

Bacardi has closed it's distillery in the bahamas and has not reopened it's stores. Only a handful of liquor stores still carry their products. The liquor store on the wharf, just before Senor Frogs and casablanca, still carry Bacardi.

Bacardi has closed it's distillery in the bahamas and has not reopened it's stores. Only a handful of liquor stores still carry their products. The liquor store on the wharf, just before Senor Frogs and casablanca, still carry Bacardi.

:( Thanks for the info! My hubby loooved that store.

Can I offer a suggestion? When you're in the Bahamas, or any other country, don't buy the big name brands like Bacardi, etc. as you can get them pretty much anywhere in United States. Try something local, like Watling's, as it will be special and remembered long after the bottle in emptied. Plus, you wind up helping the local economy, and not some big multinational corporation. Not that Bacardi is bad, it's just why not try something new?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can I offer a suggestion? When you're in the Bahamas, or any other country, don't buy the big name brands like Bacardi, etc. as you can get them pretty much anywhere in United States. Try something local, like Watling's, as it will be special and remembered long after the bottle in emptied. Plus, you wind up helping the local economy, and not some big multinational corporation. Not that Bacardi is bad, it's just why not try something new?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree with you 100%. But for people, like myself, who aren't big time drinkers and really don't know much about Rum, you just don't know if you are buying rot gut stuff or something really good. I guess that's why many people, like myself, stick with names that they know, like Bacardi's. We were in St Thomas, and bought a few bottles of very inexpensive rum, that was made there. One was great, but the other, was, as I said, rot gut stuff. If you know your names and brands what you say will work very well.

Cheers

Len