Cabin Dilemma on Getaway

jillmar

We have Cabin 12106 (Forward Haven Penthouse-S7) and I am a bit concerned because when we had a forward cabin on one of our other cruises it was extremely windy on the balcony. They even had a sign posted in the cabin stating we could not open the balcony door while the ship was moving.

I cannot find any pictures or drawings of this cabin. From what I can tell there is some sort of roof over the balcony and that means no sun for me!:( Also, I thought I read somewhere there is a side AND front balcony on these cabins.

I would appreciate any input you may have on this particular type of cabin. I'm thinking of looking into a corner AFT penthouse instead. Thanx:)

We have Cabin 12106 (Forward Haven Penthouse-S7) and I am a bit concerned because when we had a forward cabin on one of our other cruises it was extremely windy on the balcony. They even had a sign posted in the cabin stating we could not open the balcony door while the ship was moving.

I cannot find any pictures or drawings of this cabin. From what I can tell there is some sort of roof over the balcony and that means no sun for me!:( Also, I thought I read somewhere there is a side AND front balcony on these cabins.

I would appreciate any input you may have on this particular type of cabin. I'm thinking of looking into a corner AFT penthouse instead. Thanx:)

I don't have any pictures either, but I can tell you from reading the threads and from the Breakaway spreadsheet so often referred to on these threads that the balcony is on the side of the ship, the forward facing portion is a porthole in the bedroom. Here's a link to the spreadsheet, this is for the Breakaway, but pretty identical structurally... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Edited by craig-n-carol
Sp.

I have booked a Forward facing Haven penthouse on the Getaway, and for sure it has a small side balcony, and just a porthole facing the bow. And I am very frustrated to be unable to find any floor plans or proper pics of this S7 category suite - NCL get your website updated!!

I have booked a Forward facing Haven penthouse on the Getaway, and for sure it has a small side balcony, and just a porthole facing the bow. And I am very frustrated to be unable to find any floor plans or proper pics of this S7 category suite - NCL get your website updated!!

Again, this is the breakaway, this is from the spreadsheet in the Visual Aid section for S7 Suites. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FqjTsn-c74_U5XxxdJE1UPrA50lHbiW4QL4BNJgoCYE/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.p

Hope this video of 10106 (S7) on the Breakaway helps you visualize it a little better :)

Looks like a beautiful suite to me! Balcony looks small, but the 2BR Epic was too - when I first saw it I thought hmmm, but it was just fine!

Edited by SeaHunt

I have stayed in cabin 12106 on the Breakaway. Room 10106 on the you

tube video is identical to 12106. The balcony is on the side, never had a problem with wind. I loved this cabin and would not hesitate to book this category again.