Summer 2015

Riff Sniff

Can afford it but cant justify it, its not good value for money.

......for this years TA I paid around 2 900 dollar.

For next years TA will the same Category 05A cabin be around 6 100 dollar....:eek:

I've been liking Mickey Mouse for many years but now, but not anymore, because he is no longer the nice little mouse he used to, he has turned out to be just another big greedy ugly rat..........:mad:

Exactly!

For next years TA will the same Category 05A cabin be around 6 100 dollar....:eek:

I've been liking Mickey Mouse for many years but now' date=' but not anymore, because he is no longer the nice little mouse he used to, he has turned out to be just another big greedy ugly rat..........:mad:[/quote']

Yes and shoreside concierge have messed up my limited requests for them today at 120 pre cruise days, wrong times and I am eating by myself no adults included and messed up another friends requests today,

That's what your paying $$$$$$$$$$ for! should have done it myself! Glad I am Not concierge next year if this is the standard.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Well, I guess I am heartened by the fact that if the ships are relatively empty, the prices will come down. Hope we can score a deal during our Feb trip next year and book on board.

I have to say that the Norway cruise looks awesome! Cheers all!

I remember a few long years ago, when the Disney Dream was still on paper, I speculated that by tripling the number of passenger cabins, the price point for Disney Cruises would decline.

Yes, those were the days...

I remember a few long years ago, when the Disney Dream was still on paper, I speculated that by tripling the number of passenger cabins, the price point for Disney Cruises would decline.

Yes, those were the days...

Disney cruise price point decline, - words that never seem to flow easy .

Sent from my iPad.

I am generally pretty critical of DCL's prices, but I think the May 2015 Transatlantic is fairly priced - at least for the inside cabins. The May 2014 TA is 12 nights, and it's the usual Port Canaveral to Barcelona cruise. It's also less expensive than the 14-night Galveston to Barcelona TA cruise in May 2013. The May 2015 TA is 15 nights, and it goes to more and better ports.

In comparison, Royal Caribbean's 15-night TA from Boston to Copenhagen in April 2015 (Serenade of the Seas: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?packageCode=SR15T051) starts at $1,199 + $280.94 taxes = $1,479.94 pp for Cat. Q. My 11B on the May 2015 Magic TA is $1,500 + $71.59 taxes = $1571.79 pp - a difference of $91.85 pp. However, I moved an onboard booking, so I saved an additional $150 pp (10%) off the cruise fare, making our cost $1,421.59 pp. I am comparing an inside on DCL to an inside on RCI, but there may be a much greater price difference for the balcony cabins.

We are not huge fans of Royal, but that itinerary looks nice. Comparing a Cat T (1 BR) on DCL to a 2BR on Royal, Royal is coming in about 3K$ cheaper. Square footage may be a little less, but both have two bathrooms, which is what the selling point for us would be. Not that I'm sure I would ever sail Royal again, but I always appreciate a good comparison.

We are not huge fans of Royal, but that itinerary looks nice. Comparing a Cat T (1 BR) on DCL to a 2BR on Royal, Royal is coming in about 3K$ cheaper. Square footage may be a little less, but both have two bathrooms, which is what the selling point for us would be. Not that I'm sure I would ever sail Royal again, but I always appreciate a good comparison.

I like Royal Caribbean just fine, but I enjoyed the sea days more on my May 2013 Magic TA than on previous TA cruises on Celebrity, RCI, or Princess. I think DCL's Transatlantic cruises are among the few good values left on that cruise line.

The point of my post above was to say that the better the Transatlantic itinerary - the higher the price. DCL has had pretty blah itineraries in the past, and that's why those TA cruises were so reasonably priced. DCL's prices for the May 2015 TA are in line with other cruise lines with similar northern Europe TA itineraries - at least for the less-expensive cabin categories. There's no question that DCL has raised prices significantly on many of their 2015 cruises - especially the Dream and Fantasy during the summer.

We booked a cat 4 on the 7 day Norway cruise. Wanted to go concierge but not at that price. I see many of the rooms on that sailing have come available after the first days of release. We shall see....but I am not sure that Disney ever feels compelled to lower their prices. People keep paying, myself included. I won't be doing it every year, but it is a nice splurge.

We booked a cat 4 on the 7 day Norway cruise. Wanted to go concierge but not at that price. I see many of the rooms on that sailing have come available after the first days of release. We shall see....but I am not sure that Disney ever feels compelled to lower their prices. People keep paying, myself included. I won't be doing it every year, but it is a nice splurge.

Yes these cruises are expensive, They are selling suits are going, maybe not as fast as previous years but they are selling, Cat 4s are nice rooms, they most likely will only discount these cruises after the paid in full date and often there is no true discount as THRY hike the prices just before PIF.

Sent from my iPad.

Only 2 trips from Dover is very dissapointing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think 2010 was the only other year DCL sailed from Dover. DCL has two 12-night Baltic sailings from Dover (July 10 and 22) and an August 3 Dover to Barcelona repo cruise. I'd say 3 sailings from Dover in 2015 are better than none.

When you book back to back cruises do you have the same cabin for both cruises? Do they made you back up between the two cruises? Do they make you leave the ship that day?

It's up to you or your TA to book the same rooms, so yes you can but it's subject to availability, we had the same room 12012 on the Fantasy back to back, we didn't have to pack up our things and we just had to get off at 9am and go through customs back up into the terminal and when the computers were turned over to the next cruise, after all the previous cruisers were off we went back on.

The procedure has got better over the last year or two some people quote different things but often they haven't been on the DCL ships for a few years.

You have go pay your account and tips per cruise.

Sent from my iPad.

I think 2010 was the only other year DCL sailed from Dover. DCL has two 12-night Baltic sailings from Dover (July 10 and 22) and an August 3 Dover to Barcelona repo cruise. I'd say 3 sailings from Dover in 2015 are better than none.

2010 had four Baltic twelve night cruises from Dover, they had one up from Barcelona and one back down at the end.

2015 have three Dover departures two twelve nights from Dover to the Baltic and one repo to Barcelona after that, there of course is one incoming repo from Copenhagen.

Sent from my iPad.