Art on Royal

I purchased artwork on a cruise last August and to-date it has not been delivered. Each time I contacted the company they told me that it would shortly be with me.

I contacted them again about 10 days ago and did not hear anything back so today I rang Royal Caribbean.

They advised me that the ceased working with Art on Royal since this Monday. They are aware that a lot of people have not received their artwork and have advised that anyone in this position could contact them to. Royal Caribbean do not have copies of the purchases, and it would assist them greatly if you identified yourselves to them.

DH purchased a painting he fell in love with back on out October cruise, and we still had not received it as of yesterday. We received a lot of promises from Art on Royal ("It's still at the framers, you're #1 on the list", and so on) but we did not receive the painting, they did not notify us the art was being shipped nor did they refund charges when requested.

I contacted Royal's post-cruise corporate guest relations line (US) at 1-800-256-6649. I spoke with a customer service representative who told me that there is a dedicated corporate team working on this issue. He asked me for our October cruise booking # and he verified our address. If you have a copy of the art charges that you were billed for, give them as much info as possible. I had a copy of the Art on Royal invoice and gave him the charges info, the invoice # and date of sale. He said this would be very helpful. He also said that the team dealing with this would be sending a follow-up letter/email to us in the next few weeks.

I second Lynn2002's call---if you didn't get your art or a promised art refund, contact Royal's corporate office and let them know. At this time I don't know what they are going to do but we asked for a refund, and we are hopeful that Royal will come through for us. If I get more info I will post it. Thanks to all who are monitoring this situation with us and providing info.

Edited by PearlWind
clarification of the situation

I received the following email from RCCL today:

-------------------------

Thank you for your recent cruise vacation with our company, Royal Caribbean International. It was truly our pleasure to welcome you onboard.

We appreciate that you purchased artwork from Fine Arts Auction, LLC., the onboard art concession operator during your cruise vacation. Regrettably, it has come to our attention that this service provider has experienced difficulties fulfilling the purchases made by our guests. Please note that we have suspended Fine Art Auctions’ operations throughout our fleet. We sincerely apologize for the frustration caused by these delays. As a company, we set a very high standard for the level of service provided to our guests by concession operators operating onboard our vessels and we regret that this experience did not meet those expectations.

Because you did not receive your artwork and you purchased your artwork onboard our vessels using your SeaPass account, we are happy to provide you a full refund for the purchase price of the artwork. Please complete the enclosed refund request form and return it to our corporate offices at the address provided above. You may also send the completed form to us via email to ArtResolution@rccl.com. Please allow four to six weeks for the refunds to be disbursed to the original form of payment.

We truly hope this unfortunate experience does not impact your positive impression of our company. We are committed to providing all of our guests a wonderful cruise vacation in all aspects, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you onboard future sailings.

-----------------------------------

To say I am unhappy is an understatement. Since I knew of issues in the past with that "other" art auction company, I was lead to believe Royal got rid of them and started their own version. With Royal in their name, I assumed Royal had more input and control over it now. I was definitely wrong.

Instead of making it right, and attempting to have these orders fulfilled (the Giclee bought is readily available, but at a higher price) they are simply offering a refund and distancing themselves from the situation.

I will be emailing them with my disappointment. I am glad they are taking some responsibility by offering a refund, but as this was billed as an auction, and you believed by spending this time of your vacation, you had the ability to acquire something at a bargain price. For us it was also a memento of the cruise and was an anniversary present for my partner. Now instead of looking back at this beautiful print, and thinking of the wonderful vacation, we will think about a shonky partner of Royal Caribbean.

Now that I got that off my chest, I am sure I will be over this quickly. Not the end of the world, and will probably buy the print from a gallery, although at a higher price. (I know, some of these pieces are cheaper on shore, but this one was definitely a bargain compared to the gallery price.)

Thanks for listening to me whinge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Instead of making it right, and attempting to have these orders fulfilled (the Giclee bought is readily available, but at a higher price) they are simply offering a refund and distancing themselves from the situation.

Umm... they are making it right. You're getting your money back and I don't see that, realistically, there is anything else that Royal Caribbean can do. :confused: