One Night PNW Cruise Advice

sakana

Greetings all,

I am planning a late September getaway weekend for my husband's birthday. I'm thinking of taking the train from Seattle (where we live) to Vancouver BC, spending a couple nights in Vancouver, then doing a one night cruise back to Seattle.

My choices are:

Westerdam on the 27th

Oosterdam or Statendam on the 28th

I am favoring the Statendam right now because I've already sailed the other two ships and thought it'd be nice to try something new. I appreciate any comment or feedback on my options, though!

If we do sail on the Statendam, I'd like to experience their MDR, but would also really like to eat in the Pinnacle Grill. Would there be a Mariner's Lunch on embarkation day for a one night cruise? I do believe this cruise can be booked as a one night or a four night continuing to San Diego. If we could eat lunch in the MDR, I wouldn't feel as bad about booking the Pinnacle Grill for dinner. Again, any advice appreciated!

We're just wrapping up 27 months of Peace Corps service in South Africa -- we head back to Seattle on September 5. I can't wait to have a nice little vacation! I considered a late season Alaska cruise, but decided to wait until next year. It'll be too hard to go right away, we have to open up our condo, buy a car, all kinds of stuff. :)

Since that Statendam one is the start of a 35 day cruise there will almost certainly be a Mariner's Embarkation lunch. I think it would be a good opportunity for you to try a smaller ship. My DW prefers them! :)

Edited by jtl513

I like your idea of going to Vancouver and spending a couple of days there before getting on the ship.

Since you haven't done the Statendam -- that would be a great chance to do it.

Unless the ship is hosting a special luncheon (like for TA's), the main dining room will be open for lunch -- from Noon until 1:30.