Minimum Age for Parasailing??

My dd and I will be sailing on Sovereign of the Seas on 8/22. She has plucked up enough courage to go parasailing with me. Does anyone know if there is a minimum age - she is 9 years old??

Also, since we're sailing to the Bahamas, is the shore excursion on Cocoa Cay the only place to parasail? According to the RCCL brochure, it costs $79 per person (adult & children) - is that true??

The minimum age for the RCI parasailing excursion on Coco Cay is 12 and yes, it costs $79 perperson and you go tandem (side by side).

In Nassau there are any number of operators and I would imagine that at least some of them would take a brave 9 year old!

My wife took my son and his friend to Atlantis and they were able to parasail there for $50 each, and I saw some operators at Cable Beach as well.

Where did you parasail in St. Martin? The price ($45.00) is great. Which beach? Any information will be greatly appreciated. If anyone else has parasailed in St. Martin, please share. Again, thanks to all on these boards!

Where did you parasail in St. Martin? The price ($45.00) is great. Which beach? Any information will be greatly appreciated. If anyone else has parasailed in St. Martin, please share. Again, thanks to all on these boards!

I parasailed at Orient Beach. We were at the right end of the beach (facing the ocean), which is toward, but not quite to, the nudist area. It was a parasail that looked like a happy cat face and it was yellow. It was $45 for me and they let my partner ride in the boat. Had he wanted to parasail, it would only have been $40 each. I paid and then they came and got me on the beach when it was my turn. They take you by dinghy to the motorboat and Mike says I was in the air for about 10-12 minutes. We think that may partly be because we speak French, and St. Martin is techinally in France. They liked hearing their own language. It was very fun and they were excellent about ensuring folks' safety.

Thanks everyone for your response. I think I might pass on this trip - $89 per person sounds a little steep. I did it a few years ago in Jamaica, and I don't remember it being that expensive. I think I paid around $30...

Archived