Summit-A few questions

alb456

We are going on the Summit at the end of August to Bermuda, and I thought I read on a post that in the MDR you can only have one dinner is this still the case my BF is a very big eater. Also do they have martini's in the regular bars that would be included in the classic drink package?

We are going on the Summit at the end of August to Bermuda, and I thought I read on a post that in the MDR you can only have one dinner is this still the case my BF is a very big eater. Also do they have martini's in the regular bars that would be included in the classic drink package?

Can't comment on the martinis but you can order more than one entree if you so desire. There have been a number of nights when we could not decide because everything sounded good so we ordered 2 entrees no questions asked. That being said if you do that too often bring your "comfortable" clothes for toward then end of the cruise.

Thanks so much for the answers this is our first time on Celebrity and am a bit nervous with some of the reviews I have read.

We did Bermuda on the Summit in June 2012 and loved it so much, we did it again last June 2013.

It's a nice ship, with a great crew that will make sure you taken care of.

Don't worry about reviews....they are mostly people's opinion and everyone has a different one, some good, some bad....go and enjoy yourself!

I agree with Cruisetimesthree - don't worry about reviews, especially since you haven't cruised Celebrity. Sometimes familiarity breeds boredom with the exceptional that is Celebrity and an expectation to have that same Wow factor that we had on our first cruise.

It should be wonderful, and if there is something that doesn't meet your needs, please let your cabin steward how he/she can make you happy (as long as it is a reasonable request) - it is what they want to do, and when it happens, write a comment card (there should be one in the back of your "book" in the cabin) bringing his service to the attention of management. If it is in the dining room, let your waiter or assistant waiter know. Especially if you are appreciative (this could mean a tip, but a heartfelt thank you also means something), you should get whatever you need, as long as it is reasonable. We did ask for a footstool for our balcony (we know some people have gotten them when they requested) but our room steward was very apologetic that he couldn't do it - he asked and was denied. They are reserved for aqua class and concierge class I guess (I don't recall what he said but it made sense). We were just in a veranda cabin. I knew it wasn't a reasonable request and told him I understood. He did, however, empty our fridge, made certain we had wine glasses and ice in the ice bucket, and other little touches. We were on Eclipse and our room stewards were terrific. I was sick for a few days and they were very solicitous, checking with me from time to time.

All shall be well.