NCL Epic Inside Cabins - any recommendations?

Xcitdcruiser

I'm looking to book an inside cabin for my parents. I've never sailed NCL but am familiar with Celebrity; in fact by engaging on the X boards i was able to book a cabin with 'secret' perks.

My question - are there any inside cabins that are 'better' than others? Any decks to avoid?

I would like to find one that is close to a lift & not noisy.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

I don't think there are any secretly cool insides, unless you put them in the studio rooms (which are really neat, but built for solo travelers)

It's my understanding that the rooms that run lengthwise to the ship are laid out better and have a little more room. On a deck plan these would be rooms like 8166, 8167, 10101, 10102, etc. I think there are some on each deck.

The insides that have the most room are handicap accessible. It will be up to you whether or not you want to book these (some in here will flame you for taking a HC room if you're not handicapped), but they offer more space for moving around. You can see on the deckplans rooms like 10199 and 10200

We sailed on Epic in December and had originally booked and inside. We upgraded to a balcony when we saw a price drop. Always great to have a deal.

While we did enjoy our balcony, the wave concept of the cabin was a little tight. Not easy to move around the bed from the doorway to the balcony.

The inside cabins that we saw (when doors were open as we passed) looked more comfortable. Easier to move around.

Our son was in a studio and that was great. Very well laid out and easy to move around. We even think that we could have enjoyed the studio for two of us. I have heard that for some of the European voyages, they book double occupancy for the studios.

Just check where the lounges are.

Some at the front on deck 9 are two floors above the Bliss lounge, and you could hear the music, so if you are an early nighter you might not appreciate the nightclub music until the early hours!

Ones on the deck 14 will hear some noise from the deck above.

Deck 12/13 fwd are some good ones with easy access to the upper decks.

The equivalent aft there is access to the "secret" stairwells in the aft corners which means you could be a few steps away from an external view like when arriving into port.

Thanks for all your help - i've been assigned 11122 & 11118 on deck 11 - these appear kind of close to the lounge.... do you think the noise would travel ??

They are near the Studio lounge not the Bliss lounge. The studio lounge is only busy when the bars open around the meetings 5-6PM so you'll get zero noise from there.

Edited by Single Cruiser

They are near the Studio lounge not the Bliss lounge. The studio lounge is only busy when the bars open around the meetings 5-6PM so you'll get zero noise from there.

Thank you so much! Still trying to familiarize myself with NCL's Epic!

Thank you so much! Still trying to familiarize myself with NCL's Epic!

I thought my cabin posted in the header....cabin 11517 is near the quiet studio lounge, so the cabins you mentioned must be further down the hall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I thought my cabin posted in the header....cabin 11517 is near the quiet studio lounge, so the cabins you mentioned must be further down the hall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

11517 is a studio cabin on the main corridor to the studio lounge. The poster was referring to standard inside cabins in the adjacent corridors

We are off the Epic today. We were in 10101 and 10102. They are on a hall that runs between the two sides and VERY close to the elevator. The hall was very quiet. It was also very convent to BLISS, Epic theater, headliners, cirque, and buffet. Downside.....the resteraunts where on close to the aft elevator. I would rebook these rooms again with no problem.