Ashore in Grand Cayman - cutting it close on return?

We're thinking about a Western Caribbean cruise on the Explorer that stops in Grand Cayman. The material says "Arrival 7:00 a.m., Departure 4:00 p.m." I'm trying to figure what kind of timelines we'll have for a nice snorkel-intensive excursion. Since the ship will be anchored out in the harbor, there's the issue of getting a tender to get to and from the ship.

The arrival time isn't a problem, I'm guessing. Most people won't even be awake at 7:00, and the line for tenders should move quickly.

Departure, on the other hand.... One excellent-looking snorkel trip (Capt. Marvin, "all day") says it returns at 3:00. The big question is: when must we be back on the dock to avoid a real possibility of being left behind?

The last tender is usually 30 minutes before sailing. Also, see if the ship time listed (4:00 departure time) is the same as Grand Caymen time. I know over the summer there is an hour difference.

Archived