Question using Fun Hub

abisha

I'll be on Breeze in May. I usually turn off my phone on my cruise so I don't incur data charges, but I would like to use my smart phone for Fun Hub. I read that it is free for looking up ship activities, menus, etc. but won't use it connecting to internet, etc. How do I access from my phone and should I just put my phone on airplane mode? What is best way to turn phone on and not incur data charges for Fun Hub?

What I know of Fun Hub is that computers are located in various parts of the ship where you can access them for free and look up the information you mention. I am not aware of any fun hub website or app to use on your phone. At least none were available during our last cruise. And I have been on the Breeze twice, nothing for cell phone. Perhaps it's new for Carnival? Last I knew, NCL is the only mainstream cruise line that has an app that provides the kind of information you suggest. I would love to be wrong as my Sunshine cruise is coming up!

I turned off my data roaming and cellular which stops it from using any data. I also used airplane mode so I wouldn't get incoming texts. Normally for me, incoming texts even if I'm roaming don't cost money but apparently it costs at sea because they come through Carnival's tower.

I just enabled my wifi and used my iPhone and I was able to access the Fun Hub and the wifi. You have to actually connect to use the wifi so you can leave the setting turned on or turn if off to save some battery.

I used it on mine. Just keep your phone in airplane mode and if you have an iPhone then just open a new browser page in Safari and it'll pull stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What I know of Fun Hub is that computers are located in various parts of the ship where you can access them for free and look up the information you mention. I am not aware of any fun hub website or app to use on your phone. At least none were available during our last cruise. And I have been on the Breeze twice, nothing for cell phone. Perhaps it's new for Carnival? Last I knew, NCL is the only mainstream cruise line that has an app that provides the kind of information you suggest. I would love to be wrong as my Sunshine cruise is coming up!

When you open a browser on your mobile device, it takes you to the Carnival log in page for their wifi. On this page you can also access Carnival sites that are available for use without requiring internet service. I believe you can get to the Carnival forums, John Heald's blog, and things like ship info and their weather page.

I used it on mine. Just keep your phone in airplane mode and if you have an iPhone then just open a new browser page in Safari and it'll pull stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ok..so if I just use the FUNHUB just to look up all the goings-on on the ship, then that is free...correct? But if I choose to access the internet, then I would need to pay for Carnival's wifi connection..is that correct?

And I should put my phone on airplane mode and turn off data roaming, then I should be good as to not incur any costs for roaming/data, etc.? (except for in Key West where it is U.S.).

:confused:Can someone explain exactly what the FUN HUB is for/does? I have never used it.:D

Thanks...

You can can look up many things on FUNHUB pertaining to the ship and weather, etc. and you don't need to use ship's computers. You can use your own device. It states FUNHUB is free (even using your own device), but if you do use internet, charges will apply (standard Carnival rates for internet usage). Here's the info on FUNHUB:

Fun Hub

Carnival makes learning about your ship and connecting online even easier with the onboard FunHub website. The Fun Hub website can be accessed using most Wi-Fi enabled devices by connecting to the Carnival WiFi network and opening an internet browser. The Fun Hub can also be accessed at our complimentary internet café locations providing 24 hour access on Carnival provided PCs.

Self-service computer kiosks located throughout the ship (on the Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine) will provide access to Fun Hub and Internet services. The Fun Hub locations will allow guests free and convenient access to an informative ship-specific website (‘Fun Hub’) which will be available on a 24/7 basis and updated daily. Guests may also access the website via their personal wireless devices by connecting to Carnival-WiFi.

Designed as a convenient resource for wide-ranging information specific to the ship, ‘Fun Hub’ details the ship’s numerous on-board activities, including entertainment options, daily events and youth programs. The extensive food and beverage offerings are showcased with sample menus and venue descriptions. A filtering option is available to assist guests in planning their day.

‘Fun Hub’ also includes weather and itinerary information for the cruise, the latest news and sports scores, biographies of key shipboard personnel, ship and cruise director announcements, helpful ship maps and deck plans and an extensive frequently asked questions section.

‘FunHub’ is available on any Fun Hub Internet Café computer or Wi-Fi enabled device free of charge. Internet access to sites outside ‘Fun Hub’ is also available through all Fun Hub locations and wirelessly. Charges will apply.

‘Fun Hub’ is our free ship-specific portal where guests can:

Find out about onboard activities and events, downloading the FunTimes daily

Navigate their way around the ship using ship maps

Find info on our many food and beverage options

Check the weather, the latest news and sports scores

Read the latest ship or cruise director announcement

Connect to the Internet to surf the web

Edited by abisha

You can can look up many things on FUNHUB, and you don't need to use ship's computers. You can use your own device. It states FUNHUB is free (even using your own device), but if you do use internet, charges will apply (standard Carnival rates for internet usage). Here's the info on FUNHUB:

Fun Hub

Carnival makes learning about your ship and connecting online even easier with the onboard FunHub website. The Fun Hub website can be accessed using most Wi-Fi enabled devices by connecting to the Carnival WiFi network and opening an internet browser. The Fun Hub can also be accessed at our complimentary internet café locations providing 24 hour access on Carnival provided PCs.

Self-service computer kiosks located throughout the ship (on the Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine) will provide access to Fun Hub and Internet services. The Fun Hub locations will allow guests free and convenient access to an informative ship-specific website (‘Fun Hub’) which will be available on a 24/7 basis and updated daily. Guests may also access the website via their personal wireless devices by connecting to Carnival-WiFi.

Designed as a convenient resource for wide-ranging information specific to the ship, ‘Fun Hub’ details the ship’s numerous on-board activities, including entertainment options, daily events and youth programs. The extensive food and beverage offerings are showcased with sample menus and venue descriptions. A filtering option is available to assist guests in planning their day.

‘Fun Hub’ also includes weather and itinerary information for the cruise, the latest news and sports scores, biographies of key shipboard personnel, ship and cruise director announcements, helpful ship maps and deck plans and an extensive frequently asked questions section.

‘FunHub’ is available on any Fun Hub Internet Café computer or Wi-Fi enabled device free of charge. Internet access to sites outside ‘Fun Hub’ is also available through all Fun Hub locations and wirelessly. Charges will apply.

‘Fun Hub’ is our free ship-specific portal where guests can:

Find out about onboard activities and events, downloading the FunTimes daily

Navigate their way around the ship using ship maps

Find info on our many food and beverage options

Check the weather, the latest news and sports scores

Read the latest ship or cruise director announcement

Connect to the Internet to surf the web

Thanks Lynne for this info!:D

Edited by monakayk

I found it most convenient for pulling up the Fun Times on my cell or tablet without having to carry a copy with me. And the first day or two, it's convenient for having the deck plans on it. There is a teeny bit of news also - just the major headlines, but enough so that you don't feel totally disconnected (good for a news junkie like me!!). I'd be happy with using it full time and not having the cabin cluttered with all that paper junk!