Madeira Wine

swimjimmom

Does anyone know where I can find 10 year old Madeira Wine in either Malaga, Spain or Cartagena, Spain? My son-in-law loves this wine and those are our only 2 stops in Spain on the Serenade Transatlantic next month.

I would guess you can just as easily buy in the USA too.

Having travelled in Portugal and Spain, I find I can buy speciality wines just easily at home and don't have to carry so far either.

• 4 weeks later...

If you've not already left on your vacation, there's a great old bar in Malaga that serves sweet Malagan wine which is similar and is fantastic. The bar is called Antigua Casa de Guardia and is situated on the main road Alameda Principal, 18, not far from the port. You can try by the glass, then buy a bottle to take away.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Been to Madeira, been to Porto in Portugal. People in wine stores in Madeira told me that the entire production method is exactly the same. You can have sweet ones, dry, very dry and extra dry wines both from Madeira and Porto. My favourites are "The Tawny" by Grahams, also available 10 and 20 years old, and Graham's Tico, a dry white port. Very yummy!

Port and also Madeira wines are avialable online from sophisticated shops, of course more expensive than purchased at their places of origin.