Always available menu?

james'mommy

Yes, it contains:

New York Steak

Cesar salad (at lunch it has shrimps, at dinner it is with crutons).

summer rolls at lunch, spring rolls at dinner

onion soup

chicken breast

salmon filet

mushroom omelette with french fries at lunch

and some other things, which I don't remember right now.

Edited by conny111

Yes, it contains:

New York Steak

Cesar salad (at lunch it has shrimps, at dinner it is with crutons).

summer rolls at lunch, spring rolls at dinner

onion soup

chicken breast

salmon filet

mushroom omelette with french fries at lunch

and some other things, which I don't remember right now.

That is for the larger of the two MDRs. The smaller MDR has a few different items, ie: ribeye steak, a different preparation for the chicken, etc. However, regardless of which MDR you are in you can ask for the other MDR's item, ie: the ribeye steak in the MDR that has the NY strip.

There is also always pasta with a few different choices for sauce. The sauce choices were also different in the 2 MDRs, but included bolognese, carbonara, and a few others. A few of the other appetizers were French onion soup, smoked salmon tartare, and a mushroom quesadilla. There are also several desserts always available, including cheesecake, ice cream, and chocolate raspberry truffle cake.

Incidentally, I have read on CC that Breakaway and Getaway have been testing grounds for new menu options. Some have said that if the menus are successful, they'll be taken fleetwide. By the time you sail NCL, some of the options might change, but it seems that there will still be signature options regardless.

Good to know. Thank you.

Getting hungry just reading about it.

Cannot wait for our 1st NCL trip this summer :)

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Does NCL have an always available menu in the MDR? If so' date=' what items are on it? It's been a while since I've cruised NCL.[/quote']

I know the menus have changed since we cruised 2 months ago, but I am guessing the always avail are pretty much the same: Salmon, 8 oz steak, lamb and chicken breast. The salads were green or cesar and they had a couple of very good soups. I have heard, the wonderful egg rolls are no longer on the menu. I think salmon tar tar is. I didn't particularly care for it. Once was enough. You can always order a baked potato though it isn't on the menu and you can ask for certain veggies. Not always is every veggie available, but usually broccoli, green beans and asparagus are.

I know the menus have changed since we cruised 2 months ago, but I am guessing the always avail are pretty much the same: Salmon, 8 oz steak, lamb and chicken breast. The salads were green or cesar and they had a couple of very good soups. I have heard, the wonderful egg rolls are no longer on the menu. I think salmon tar tar is. I didn't particularly care for it. Once was enough. You can always order a baked potato though it isn't on the menu and you can ask for certain veggies. Not always is every veggie available, but usually broccoli, green beans and asparagus are.

I thought that the menus will change during the summer and have not yet changed on every ship??

We will be on the spirit the next week and I really hope that they still have the old menu, because I liked it very much!