Princess Website Room Availability

NewCruiserMPC

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know why Princess marks some rooms (interior, balcony, suites, etc) as sold out one day and then a few days later it shows there is availability?

I've been monitoring our cruise which sails in a week and it seems in the last month interiors, oceanview and suites have gone from sold out to not sold out several times.

Just curious as to why they do this?

Edited by NewCruiserMPC

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know why Princess marks some rooms (interior, balcony, suites, etc) as sold out one day and then a few days later it shows there is availability?

I've been monitoring our cruise which sails in a week and it seems in the last month interiors, oceanview and suites have gone from sold out to not sold out several times.

Just curious as to why they do this?

Princess is constantly working on the website and room availability.

People are booking and canceling all the time.

TA's have rooms blocked etc etc.

An interesting statistic is that on average, a cabin will be booked eight times before sailing.

There are many reasons why cabin availability changes. It can be as simple as passengers changing their mind and either canceling or moving to a different cabin, TAs booking blocks of cabins and then releasing them, Princess shuffling passengers around, etc. Even if you have your cabin marked "No upgrade," Princess can move you to a different cabin.

I just booked a TA for 9/15. It was the day the cruise opened. I lucked a stateroom for 2 people. The 4 staterooms adjacent to it were "sold".

Out of curiosity, I changed my selection to rooms that hold 4 people. All of the rooms that didn't were blanked out and the four that said "sold" were suddenly there.

Princess might have developed a way to limit availability of the 3/4 bed rooms when one is looking for just a double room. This not only keeps these rooms available for the larger groups but also keeps people from booking a room and then changing when they find it has those side wall bunks.

At least I think that is a possibility.

If I ask my TA a question about a cruise, she will often put a hold on a cabin in a category she knows I like (especially if there are only a few left).

The hold is usually for 24-48 hours. If I don't put the deposit down in that time, the cabin goes back to being available.

So you could be seeing cabins that are released from being on a temporary hold.