Anyone been on a waiting list for FTTF?

scrapperluv

I checked on my Breeze cruise today and there were 3 FTTF passes available. I bought two of them since we have 2 cabins. It might not be an essential extra, but this is our first cruise and I think this will help make things smoother.

No wait list that I know of.

The number of FTTF is based on availability. The more Diamonds and Platinums on board = the fewer FTTF. So, they open up a few and then wait to see who books and what level they are and they open up a few more and then a few more IF the number of Diamonds and Platinums allow it.

Hi again Tootsiebit...we booked FTTF just after booking our cruise in january..so they DO open it up that far out. It must have just sold out. I have read post on here that say they sometimes add more slots...not sure if its true, but keep trying...so we can have our celebratory first drink together sooner than later?? Of course, it would have to wait until after lunch, as I am all about food!! Keep trying, and good luck. We did FTTF last cruise in November, and loved it. I plan on being at the terminal early, and getting it all started as soon as posible! :)

Thanks for the info hillbillycruiser....at least now I know that I gotta keep checking...we bought it too, for our last cruise and it was great to be on board and able to go to room and unpack and still have a lot of time before the crowd gets crazy...LOL...I am gonna keep trying...and yes FOOD FIRST, and then our "better late than ever" celebratory drinks!!!! LOL

If you are on a roll call list here, or some other group who posts, lots of times people will post when they see them available and you might see their post and be able to snagg one too. That is how I got mine:p

Hi everyone! We tried to get FTTF for our Breeze cruise in May but it was sold out. My travel agent put us on the wait list and I'm wondering if anyone from the wait list actually gets the FTTF pass. What are they "waiting" for? I doubt people cancel their cruises or FTTF reservations, so how would more become available?

Another reason why handfuls of tickets suddenly become available...

some people not reading properly and will book 4 tickets for a family of 4 in one cabin. Or a couple buys 2 tickets, again, one cabin.

Eventually the "extra" tickets get cancelled by Carnival.

Hiya Tootsie........they do open additional space as the cruise books up. A really important time to check is right around final payment due date, and also about a week out.

I think they release the slots in 15 cabin increments and have a total of only about 60 available based on the Diamond/Platinum numbers.

Hi Janey...Thanks for the good information....I am checking sometimes 2-3 times a day and will definitely continue as it gets closer...I just really enjoy using it, since my accident I can't stand in long lines that just stop and this gives me a chance to get to my cabin and rest my back, and hubby unpacks for us..

Thanks again and Take Care!!!

For those that have used FTTF, how much faster has it gotten you on the ship? My parents are platinum status and on the last cruise with them, they got on the ship 10 minutes before we did with our lowly red status. The cruise before that they were on 15 minutes before us. We are sailing on the Magic in May and it would be $250 for my family of five. Even if people got on an hour before us I can't justify that kind of money. Do I just not understand the program? By the way, those that purchase it, I am not condemning your choice. It's your vacation, do what makes you happy. I am just not sure I understand the benefits.

For those that have used FTTF, how much faster has it gotten you on the ship? My parents are platinum status and on the last cruise with them, they got on the ship 10 minutes before we did with our lowly red status. The cruise before that they were on 15 minutes before us. We are sailing on the Magic in May and it would be $250 for my family of five. Even if people got on an hour before us I can't justify that kind of money. Do I just not understand the program? By the way, those that purchase it, I am not condemning your choice. It's your vacation, do what makes you happy. I am just not sure I understand the benefits.

It depends. when ship clears, how many waiting, when you arrive to port.

Lowly red given a Zone 1 boarding... 15 minutes later? yes, I can see that.

Lowly red given a Zone 8 boarding... we could be talking hours later....

Lowly red arriving at port at 4pm... you may pretty much walk right on...

So it depends.

Think of all the other perks also.

And if you are like me... I paid for 7 days, so my cruise starts asap, that first day... if I can board at 8am I would. :D

If I understand correctly, the FTTF charge of $49.95 is PER CABIN, not per person. IMO, $50 is worth getting on the ship faster, having my cabin available immediately, early baggage delivery, priority lines for guest services, and priority tendering.

I think they may open up more F2TF spots depending on how many platinum/diamond cruisers are booked

:confused: If they take into account the number of P/D cruisers in limiting FTF, why is there such a fuss about the perks being diluted?

Well would you look at that. They do have a note on the page that says its per cabin not per person as listed. Seems like they could have just changed the per person part and not made the note on the website, but common sense is a lost art. Thanks for pointing that out. So its down to $100 for the family then....I can buy a lot of things for $100, so I guess I am not swayed yet. Thank you all for the input.