When does the spring break season end in 2014?

KitinIowa

We are on a cruise starting April 19th. For us in the Midwest all K-12 and colleges have had spring break well before this date. But is this so for East and West coast schools?

Just curious if we are to expect a number of students on board for our POA trip. . . . all schools are out for the summer around mid to late May normally at home, but I know that isn't the case elsewhere.

We are on a cruise starting April 19th. For us in the Midwest all K-12 and colleges have had spring break well before this date. But is this so for East and West coast schools?

Just curious if we are to expect a number of students on board for our POA trip. . . . all schools are out for the summer around mid to late May normally at home, but I know that isn't the case elsewhere.

Spring break differs in each state but most are still on spring break at the time of cruise. One helpful hint is school normally doesn't start again until after Easter at least. Easter here is the 20 of April this year. I am on a cruise starting the 20 out of Texas and there I spring breakers still

Jamie

We have sailed a couple of times, starting on Easter weekend: there will be a few kids, but nothing like March and early April. And the college kids will all be back in class. It is one of our favorite times to cruise. The weather is perfect for starters.

Spring break differs in each state but most are still on spring break at the time of cruise. One helpful hint is school normally doesn't start again until after Easter at least. Easter here is the 20 of April this year. I am on a cruise starting the 20 out of Texas and there I spring breakers still

Jamie

Jamie, I know some states or districts (it is based on districts) do have spring break after Easter, but by the Easter weekend, the OP is talking about the majority of kids will be heading back to school. Most colleges have spring break right now and many kids, throughout the country will have it in the next few weeks. Only a few districts on the East and yes, the west coast still celebrate it during HOly week.

I think your trip will be the fiinal week for spring break, the week after easter. We are cruising April 27th. We were watching prices for months on carnival, NCL and RC and the first 3 weeks were much more expensive than the last week of April so i'm guessing thats because of spring break. FWIW, my daughters school spring break is the 14th-21st.

Canadian Spring Breaks are all done and over with. However, University is completed for the year just after Easter. My daughter finishes her last exam on Aprill 22. We are Cruising out of Bayonne on April 24th. When we get back she will be going back to school to take some summer courses and do her year round campus job.

oh dear. We are Canadian and all of our schools are done March break as of this weekend. We have a Bahamas cruise coming up the 11th of April...we thought spring break would be done by then. I guess it's a good thing we bought the ultimate dining package. At least meals should be fairly quiet. I guess we won't be spending much time by the pools or the hot tubs! Glad to have the heads up at least we know to alter our plans a little bit

NCL believes it ends April 15. That is when the blackout of the UBP ends.

Also not available during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15, applies to sailings that includes these dates.

Nearly all colleges and universities spring breaks will be over - so the UBP will be back in effect.

However, many elementary and high schools (at least, the ones in the Northeast) will be having their spring breaks the final full week of April. This is one reason why the Dawn will be doing it's repositioning cruise from Tampa to Boston so late this year (on April 27).

Rich

Hi, In Massachusetts K-12 schools, April vacation is always the third full week in April. That Monday is Patriots day here and also the day of the Boston Marathon. It has nothing to do with Easter. In February vacation is always the third full week of February and the Monday is always Presidents Day. Most colleges are sometime in March.