Question on Switching ES cruise

Pookeybear1966

I can't take our cruise this June because of starting a new job and not getting PTO right away. I booked it ES last year. So, I want to switch it to another cruise (Valor out of San Juan) in June 2015 instead. When I do this, don't I just pay the 50/pp switch fee and that's it. And will they just take my 1050.00 deposit from my current cruise and move it over? Or do I also have to put down another deposit on this new cruise? I'm not sure how that worked!

BTW: We can only cruise in summer because of having a kid in school and that's when we prefer to cruise so it's gotta be the June 2015 we switch to.

Thanks!

The correct anwer is, you need to call and cancel the cruise. You will lose 50 dollars per person. If you rebook at the same time as you cancel, you would only need to pay the rest of the deposit at that time. If you rebook at another time, you would need to put down all new deposits and the remainder of what was left from the other deposit minus the 50 per person will be subtracted from the remaining balance.

You will not be refunded anything.

The correct anwer is, you need to call and cancel the cruise. You will lose 50 dollars per person. If you rebook at the same time as you cancel, you would only need to pay the rest of the deposit at that time. If you rebook at another time, you would need to put down all new deposits and the remainder of what was left from the other deposit minus the 50 per person will be subtracted from the remaining balance.

You will not be refunded anything.

exactly.:)

Bill

You will have to cxl and they will keep the 50 pp to use with in 2 year and refund the rest. Then you can rebook. The only thing is when u do rebook if that one has to be canceled you will lose the 50 pp completly

When you cancel they charge you $50pp administrative fee which is gone forever, whether you go on the next booked cruise or not.

After the $50pp is deducted from the current deposit amount, that balance will be held for up to 2 years towards a future cruise.

Loxley is spot on with their response.:)

Bill

I called and was able to switch from one to the other and they added 150.00 (50/pp) to our booking which we pay at final payment date in march 2015. They did not require any additional deposit (I had previously already paid 300/pp deposit on previous booking) so I had to pay zero today.

Thanks for everyones help :)

I called and was able to switch from one to the other and they added 150.00 (50/pp) to our booking which we pay at final payment date in march 2015. They did not require any additional deposit (I had previously already paid 300/pp deposit on previous booking) so I had to pay zero today.

Thanks for everyones help :)

So did you lose any money for canceling and reooking? I'm not understanding.

I may have to do the same thing for my Sunshine cruise. I put down $50 deposit per person when Carnival was having that early saver special.

Thanks

I changed my ES cruise to Hawaii (for Oct. 2013) for an Alaska cruise for June 2014. I had paid for my entire cruise to Hawaii so they refunded me everything except for what I needed for the Alaskan cruise deposit and $50 per person administrative fee. So basically I only lost $100 on the deal for the admin fee; you don't get that back whether you cancel the cruise or change the cruise to a future time.

No I lost no money. New cruise is more than one I switched from so I pay balance march 2015. My deposit I put down is credited as before off balance and 150 fee is added.

If you had originally paid $300pp deposit that means you must have been booked on an 8 day cruise.

Since you switched to a 7 day cruise the deposit is only $250pp so no additional monies were needed.

When you say they added a $150 fee onto your bill for the Valor wouldn't you in essence be losing $150 when all is said and done?

Bill

The poster was asking did I lose money, not was I charged a fee.

I did have an 8 day booked so my deposit was 900.00 but I never lost that money as it carries over as a credit to my new cruise.

Now if my NEW cruise was less total than my current one (ie: i am overpaid)I switched from then they would owe me money back(I would assume instead of keeping it). That was my understanding of "losing" money. If I was past final payment date and I paid in full but switched to a lower priced cruise then they would also owe me back some possibly depending upon where I am in the cancellation policy (and then I'd lose money). Since I was not past final payment date I didn't lose anything I've already paid down. It was just moved.

Edited by Pookeybear1966

The poster was asking did I lose money, not was I charged a fee.

I did have an 8 day booked so my deposit was 900.00 but I never lost that money as it carries over as a credit to my new cruise.

Now if my NEW cruise was less total than my current one (ie: i am overpaid)I switched from then they would owe me money back(I would assume instead of keeping it). That was my understanding of "losing" money.

OK thanks for your reply.:)

Bill