Quick initial impressions of Allure W. Carib. 3/9/14 sailing

Just got off the Allure with DW, DD (17), and DD's friend. We had a wonderful time. We have been at the gate at FLL since 7:30 am.

Initial impressions:

This ship is a huge step up from the Navigator class (all we had sailed on with Royal before, and not bad either) in almost all respects, especially the on-board attractions and the enthusiasm level of staff. We had the sense that this staff is Royal's cream of the crop.

Guest Services seems especially well-managed. We were in line for GS, and the department manager (lady from UK) came out and started pleasantly triaging the line. It was down to nothing in about two minutes.

Very positive encounters with Cruise Director's staff -- esp. Enzo from Croatia, lady from Jamaica who sings, and "Icy" from Russia. We did a bunch of the trivia contests and game shows, and they consistently made them fun.

We ate in the main dining room at 6 pm all 7 nights and loved it throughout. We had a nice assigned table for 4 on the window in a relatively quiet spot (#530). Great waiters Ronald and Bayyr. Do they book these tables based on C&A status or other demographic info?

Coke Freestyle machines are a nice convenience. Same for the unlimited internet plan ($229 for 2 logins, minus C&A discount). I wish they'd offer more than 2 logins per account (other than by opening additional accounts). We would have used this option if it had been available.

Despite the immensity of the ship, it actually seems less crowded than Navigator class, because of the many places to go at any one time.

Not a heavy college-age crowd on this sailing, despite the time of year. Good number of teens, especially from Canada and Texas.

Before the cruise, we stayed at the Hyatt Place near the port. Very well-managed and nice-looking property and pleasant staff. You can sleep up to 6 in one room if needed (and we usually spread out).

We'd go back in a heartbeat. I'd be interested to hear others' impressions.

Thanks to all of you for your tips and fun posts. They helped us plan for this cruise well and thus enjoy it more.

Warmly,

Matt

Raleigh, NC

Thanks for you review. I am glad you and you family had a nice time. I will be heading out on the Allure in June. Can't wait. I have not been on the Allure yet, but have been on the Oasis. I also felt the ship not to feel as crowded as some of the smaller ships because of all of the on board activities that would disperse the crowds through the ship.