Towels off the ship to the beach

AAAMomOfOne

Sorry if this has been asked, but I can't query the search well enough to get the answer. Sailing on the Dawn in July. Are we able to take pool/beach towels off the ship to go to the beach or do we have to pack our own beach towels? We're very familiar with RCCL but this is our first time on NCL.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I can't query the search well enough to get the answer. Sailing on the Dawn in July. Are we able to take pool/beach towels off the ship to go to the beach or do we have to pack our own beach towels? We're very familiar with RCCL but this is our first time on NCL.

Feel free to take NCL's towels off the ship but make sure you take care of them. You will be charged $25 each if they are not returned. :)

Edited by peg013

You can take a ships towel to the beach-just be sure to bring it back with you as I'm pretty sure there is a charge associated with a missing towel. If I remember correctly, there is a bin as you're to returning to the ship where you can drop off your used towel and grab a clean one....someone please correct me if my memory is failing! 🙀

You can take a ships towel to the beach-just be sure to bring it back with you as I'm pretty sure there is a charge associated with a missing towel. If I remember correctly, there is a bin as you're to returning to the ship where you can drop off your used towel and grab a clean one....someone please correct me if my memory is failing!

I've not seen a bin. When returning to the ship (could of missed it) there is stand on the pool deck tho

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can take a ships towel to the beach-just be sure to bring it back with you as I'm pretty sure there is a charge associated with a missing towel. If I remember correctly, there is a bin as you're to returning to the ship where you can drop off your used towel and grab a clean one....someone please correct me if my memory is failing! 🙀

There absolutely SHOULD be a bin at the pier where we can drop off soiled towels and pick up clean ones, but I have never seen one.

They don't allow you to bring soil, plants, food and other things on board from foreign countries, but they let you bring towels full of sand, seaweed and/or other "stuff" from foreign beaches.

If they did a towel exchange at the pier, at least things would be contained and stuff wouldn't be carried back to rooms.

We understood also that there would be a fee associated with a missing beach towel. But there was a bin to return towels as we boarded the ship. How do they know we returned the towel to the bin and not to charge us for it? The $25 charge seemed like an empty threat.

There absolutely SHOULD be a bin at the pier where we can drop off soiled towels and pick up clean ones, but I have never seen one.

I think that this depends on the ship in question. I've too seen the exchange station at pier on some cruises (we haven't used them because we have the towels usually in a tightly packed backpack and unpack in the cabin).

We understood also that there would be a fee associated with a missing beach towel. But there was a bin to return towels as we boarded the ship. How do they know we returned the towel to the bin and not to charge us for it? The $25 charge seemed like an empty threat.

As said, I haven't done it but to my understanding even at the pier you exchange the dirty towel to a clean one so you should have a towel in your posession at all times.

Truth to be told in my experience the cabin stewards make a lot of mistakes with the towels and one can get away with the fee of lost towel just by asking a new towel from them - we once had an extra towel checked out from the towel station at the pool deck and it kept dissapearing from our cabin by the cabin steward and we had to ask for the third towel back on several occasions. Same has happened also without an extra towel in the cabin.

Edited by Demonyte