Barcelona taxis

We didn't prebook here, just got off the ship and into a taxi and on are way to the hotel.

Took no time at all.

Rick

Agree, We have gotten off ships in Barcelona several times, never had any problem getting a taxi, did not wait in any long line either.

I didn't even remotely didn't think you were trying to convince me to buy something. After all, I've been to the Basilica already and know the ropes. I'm simply pointing out that you've set up a false basis for comparison. Visitors face more options than Join-the-Basilica or Wait-on-line-the-day-of-entry.

That's why we have Cruise Critic -- to share helpful information. That's why I've been persistent in trying to update now-outdated information.

One last time: Visitors trying to save both time and money should visit the Basilica's own web site. (URL below) There, you'll be offered a choice of tickets: basilica alone, basilica with audio guide, basilica + towers, basilica + towers with audio guide, Gaudi museum in Parc Guell, or, finally, Basilica + Gaudi museum.

Click on the type ticket you'd like and you'll be vectored to a Ticketmaster site. There, you'll be able to select your day of entry. Once you click on the day, the screen will ask you the number of tickets you wish to buy. Enter that number, click continue, and you'll be asked the time you'd like to visit. Here you'll see a drop down menu with hour-long bands of access. (Your ticket will let you enter any time within that window. Once inside you'll be able to stay as long as you want.)

Next, you'll be asked to choose the category of visitor. Here, the choice gets somewhat more complicated. Although the rest of the web site is in English, the categories are written in Catalan. Jublilat is the category most of us will pick. (Using logic but no Catalan fluency, the other options appear to be 10-18 years, under 10 years, students, handicapped, and holiday.) Friends of the Basilica (Amics de Temple) is also offered but you'll only be able to purchase one ticket at a time using this web site. I've provided another link farther down my post.

Finish making the choices on this page and your total will be displayed. There will be inevitable Ticketmaster fees on this purchase. I didn't go farther on the web site because I've taken time to accurately write this post and I timed out on the Ticketmaster site.

From having bought online before, I recall being offered two options for picking up the tickets. We chose to print out the tickets using the hotel's computer. (The other option involves picking up the tickets from a machine dispenser at a particular Catalan bank's automated ticket machine. I don't know if the machine offers English option.)

We brought our printed admission reservation to the correct ticket window and got admitted. (Note: There are separate entry kiosks for folks with Audio-guides and for folks with Guided tours.)

English language Ticket URL:

http://visit.sagradafamilia.cat/?lang=en#tickets

People who are at least 65 years old may want to become a Friend of the Basilica. Here's the link to a page which explains the benefits: http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsInfo.php

Thank you for this great information and sharing with us. Someone mentioned having to have a passport to enter. Is this still the case?