New ship names?

It think that Oasis 3 has to have a simple name and Quantum 3 has to have one about music or something that no one would think of.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Music, huh? How about:

Aria of the seas

Encore of the seas

One name I hope they reconsider is:

Endeavor of the Seas

I really like that one. It was originally considered for the Ultra-Voyager (now Freedom) class. The trademark for Endeavor of the Seas was abandoned when Royal Caribbean decided to go with all "patriotic" names for the class.

One name I hope they reconsider is:

Endeavor of the Seas

I really like that one. It was originally considered for the Ultra-Voyager (now Freedom) class. The trademark for Endeavor of the Seas was abandoned when Royal Caribbean decided to go with all "patriotic" names for the class.

Endeavour would be great..... and then base it in Sydney.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Is it just me, or does the Quantum class seems to be a step back after the Oasis class?

A step back in what way?

A step back in Size? Certainly. That is to be expected, though. Not that many island ports can handle the Oasis class. I certainly didn't expect the new class to be larger than Oasis.

A step back in Innovative ideas? Probably not. Quantum has a lot of features that redefine the Royal Caribbean "experience". Whether or not those ideas are successful remains to be seen.

A step back in what way?

A step back in Size? Certainly. That is to be expected, though. Not that many island ports can handle the Oasis class. I certainly didn't expect the new class to be larger than Oasis.

A step back in Innovative ideas? Probably not. Quantum has a lot of features that redefine the Royal Caribbean "experience". Whether or not those ideas are successful remains to be seen.

The Quantum class introduces many new innovations such as the North Star, bumper cars, and virtual balconies. However, I don't understand why they didn't include a central park or boardwalk or the zipline. RCCL had much acclaim for these attractions, so I stuck me as kind of weird. Also, although the virtual balconies are cool, Disney first brought up the idea of virtual portholes. They seem more like an improvement versus and innovation. The Q class still seems cool, but after all of the amazing things that Oasis and Allure achieved, it seems like they took a Freedom colass and added a few new things.

The Quantum class introduces many new innovations such as the North Star, bumper cars, and virtual balconies. However, I don't understand why they didn't include a central park or boardwalk or the zipline. RCCL had much acclaim for these attractions, so I stuck me as kind of weird. Also, although the virtual balconies are cool, Disney first brought up the idea of virtual portholes. They seem more like an improvement versus and innovation. The Q class still seems cool, but after all of the amazing things that Oasis and Allure achieved, it seems like they took a Freedom colass and added a few new things.

I would guess that no CP or Boardwalk has to do with size. If the ship is smaller than not all attractions would be able to 'fit'. Also, if you build all the ships the same, why would people want to sail on different ones?? Don't forget that there is the skydiving experience. Might be the answer to the zipline?!

A friend of mine refers to the ships of the Oasis class collectively as monstrosities of the seas, so my vote for Oasis 3, seeing as it's supposed to be a little bit larger, is....

Monstrosity of the Seas

or maybe Collosus of the Seas :-D

Edited by nolesrule

A friend of mine refers to the ships of the Oasis class collectively as monstrosities of the seas, so my vote for Oasis 3, seeing as it's supposed to be a little bit larger, is....

Monstrosity of the Seas

or maybe Collosus of the Seas :-D

Colossus isn't half bad!

I would guess that no CP or Boardwalk has to do with size. If the ship is smaller than not all attractions would be able to 'fit'. Also, if you build all the ships the same, why would people want to sail on different ones?? Don't forget that there is the skydiving experience. Might be the answer to the zipline?!

I know that the CP or BW can't fit, but after how groundbreaking Oasis and Allure were , it seems like a mild downgrade. Don't get me wrong, though, Quantum and Anthem look great. What will the Broadway show be on Allure?

I know that the CP or BW can't fit, but after how groundbreaking Oasis and Allure were , it seems like a mild downgrade. Don't get me wrong, though, Quantum and Anthem look great. What will the Broadway show be on Allure?

I guess its a matter of perspective. I have no desire to go on vacation w/ over 6000 strangers. (ie no interest in Oasis or Allure). Could change down the line, but I'm good for now. Having a smaller, but still innovative ship home port in the NE is very appealing to many, even if it is a 'downgrade' from the floating cities in FL.