Splendor questions

littlesnit

Hi all,

This will be our 9th Carnival cruise, but first on Splendor. Have a few questions for those familiar with her.

First, which dining room is YTD?

Can you order bottles of liquor from Room Service? We've been able to on other Carnival ships.

Anyone who's docked at San Juan in the afternoon, what is still open and safe in the evening? We like to sightsee and trinket shop, as well as stop for a snack and drink. I'm guessing we won't have time to do both forts, so which is the better one?

Thanks so much for your help.

Been on Splendor 2x since last May and going on her again on 5/12! :) YTD is in the Black Pearl. You can get a table for 2 which seats you about 6" from the other table and nice to strike up conversations, OR seat with others which is very nice as you get to meet others and hear their stories!

Yes, you can order from room service bottles of liquor. We have never done this, but have asked about it and the experts say be warned that they may run out, so order early, BON VOYAGE and ENJOY your cruise!

El Morro Fort is amazing!!

There is time for both, although that is exhausting!!

We took the FREE Trolley from the port right to the Fort... and it is only $3 admission to explore.

Right outside the port is a Senor Frogs.. fun place for a drink at night. Like any other city, use caution... and stay near the crowds.

I have some San Juan pics on my Liberty review, below.

Catrin

Black Pearl dining room for ATD is right off the atrium bar, deck 3 and we had great service. We did a walking tour of the El Morro in San Juan through the ship and it was well worth it. We toured the fort and then were guided through main historical attractions. It was so informative and way better than going off on our own as we did on past visits. Señor Frogs is right near the end of the tour for drinks if you want before getting back on the ship. Although it was already night time when the tour ended there were a lot of people around and bars were full of activity so we felt safe.

On our Carnival cruise in 2009 on the Triumph the SIL and I walked from the ship (in the late afternoon and into the night) right into an area where locals were selling their various artistic crafts. The SIL and I bought some beautiful, handmade handbags and some handcrafted jewelry. We also walked around old San Juan (we felt very safe) and had dinner at a local restaurant. We were only off the ship for about 4 hours at that most but we really enjoyed ourselves. I'd love to go back and spend more time there.

I've sailed on the Splendor, during spring break in 2012, but it was then sailing out of San Pedro to Mexico. I enjoyed the cruise and thought the Splendor was a nice ship. Has a crazy pink decor but it grew on me.

Hope you have an awesome cruise.:D