Pictures of Modified Cabins

wrigley80

Does anyone have any photos of Modified (Handicapped) Cabins??? My dad and I are in one for the first time on the Carnival Dream in 19 days for the 9-day repositioning cruise.

My dad is visually disabled and we thought the modified cabin would be easier for him to navigate around the cabin.

It doesn't have to be photos of the Carnival Dream....any pics will be fine :)

THANK YOU

ImageUploadedByForums1395079067.629015.jpg.a8a918b83f52655f49451ed6b3c7155b.jpg Cabin E80 on Inspiration. Has bathroom with no step up and roll in shower with fold down bench. I've stayed in this cabin several times. Beds separated for parents and I. I use a walker.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen

[ATTACH]306024[/ATTACH] Cabin E80 on Inspiration. Has bathroom with no step up and roll in shower with fold down bench. I've stayed in this cabin several times. Beds separated for parents and I. I use a walker.

I believe that the cabin pictured/described above is a fully accessible cabin.

A modified accessible cabin is a regular cabin with extra handholds in the bathroom, possibly a shower seat.

It will look like a regular cabin, including the step-up to the bathroom.

Looked real quick on the Dream deck plan. For example:

6207 is a modified cabin

6208 is a fully accessible cabin with enough room for a wheel chair to turn around.

Click on your cabin on the Deck Plan and the description will come up.

Edited by SadieN

A modified accessible cabin is a regular cabin with extra handholds in the bathroom, possibly a shower seat.

It will look like a regular cabin, including the step-up to the bathroom.

I have to disagree. Our cabin, 7332, on the Freedom was booked due to my having a scooter. I received a call from Carnival to advise me this was a modified cabin and did NOT have room for a wheelchair to turn around. No problem for me and in fact we "stored" my 4 wheel scooter in the shower crossways rolling it toward to the sink when taking a shower and back into the shower area otherwise. The shower was a roll-in with no lip and did have the assist bar and seat. Flat floor from hallway to throughout the cabin.

Edited by Swampbaby

Thanks....I know were in a modified cabin but the deck plans don't show any layouts
I have only cruised on Royal but I am planning on Carnival soon. Would someone tell me what is that sketch of a ship below the TV ???

I have only cruised on Royal but I am planning on Carnival soon. Would someone tell me what is that sketch of a ship below the TV ???

I'm confused by what you're asking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to disagree. Our cabin, 7332, on the Freedom was booked due to my having a scooter. I received a call from Carnival to advise me this was a modified cabin and did NOT have room for a wheelchair to turn around. No problem for me and in fact we "stored" my 4 wheel scooter in the shower crossways rolling it toward to the sink when taking a shower and back into the shower area otherwise. The shower was a roll-in with no lip and did have the assist bar and seat. Flat floor from hallway to throughout the cabin.

Some modifieds do and others do not, need to be sure. Usually the cabin info is correct.

That is a plastic cover for a low level light. Only the Fantasy Class ships have this 'feature'.

That was a light. The box in the corner at the bottom of the two beds stored our life vests.

Edited by ccruisequeen