Couches/beds

hlb76

Good question!!! I believe so, as all of the rooms that I have been in with sofa's have had the linens to make then into beds in the drawers located under the sofa. We have the staff removed the linens, or place them in one of the closets for extra storage.

Good question!!! I believe so, as all of the rooms that I have been in with sofa's have had the linens to make then into beds in the drawers located under the sofa. We have the staff removed the linens, or place them in one of the closets for extra storage.

Ditto, my exact experience.

Technically, no, they do not. They could be made into beds, but they are not all designated as beds. For example, on the larger ships, all typical-shaped oceanview rooms & balcony rooms will have the exact same sofa in every room, but some of those rooms are only designated to sleep 2 people. There wouldn't be enough room in lifeboats if all sofas could be made into beds, and they were able to fill all those extra spots. If there are extra linens under the sofa, that could simply be where the steward is storing the extras, or perhaps they are just prepared for any special requests. Some families with multiple rooms booked may request the sofa be made up for someone from the other room wanting to sleep in their room, or maybe one of the 2 people in the room would prefer to sleep on the sofa. So it could be a bed, but if it's not designated as a bed in that room, you cannot book a 3rd person into the room to sleep on the sofa.

Some rooms will have a much smaller sofa that could never be used as a bed, except for a small child. I've seen a couple examples of those on the Triumph, but the newer ships seem to have the 7' long sofas for almost all the sofas, even if it's not designated as a bed.

100_9291_zps957e2b3a.jpg

This is a 4F on the Miracle. The couch is a twin bed that the steward already made up for us. There was also an upper birth for a 4th person. My dad used one of the bolsters to sit up to read in bed and the other was used to prop open the French door for fresh air.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen