New Cruiser question: flight home

I asked this over on the flights forum but realised it's probably better asked here.

We have a 7am disembark at Vancouver (Canada Place). What would be our earliest, stress free (we're in no hurry), time for a flight out of Vancouver please?

Does the Vancouver ship terminal have luggage storage lockers if we end up catching a later flight etc?

TIA

Samantha

I asked this over on the flights forum but realised it's probably better asked here.

We have a 7am disembark at Vancouver (Canada Place). What would be our earliest, stress free (we're in no hurry), time for a flight out of Vancouver please?

Does the Vancouver ship terminal have luggage storage lockers if we end up catching a later flight etc?

Samantha

I generally book mine out of Vancouver after 1 PM. (in fact my next one is at 1:40 PM). You might get away with Noon, but anything before that is pushing it IMO. It is a good 30 plus minute taxi ride to the airport, with weekdays potentially even longer (rush hour traffic).

If you are able to handle your own luggage (and do not mind doing it), you can get off the ship in the first group, generally about 7 - 7:30 am, which could help you catch an earlier flight.

Also, you could take the Canada Line Skytrain from near the pier (about 2-3 blocks) right to the airport. It takes about 30-45 minutes, about the same as a taxi, but costs under $3 each (as I recall). A taxi should run you about $40 plus tip.

If anyone on this board disagrees with my advice, please correct me (we have some great locals on this board!) as I will be going this route in May myself.

DaveOKC

Below is what I answered on the flights forum; Dave is quite correct and if you have a good 2:00'ish flight that you can book, it would be perfect - even give you time to have lunch at the airport.

Do not book a flight before noon; that gives you plenty of time to disembark the ship, go through Canadian Customs, travel to the airport, go through US Customs (you pre-clear in Vancouver), then through security before getting to your gate of departure.

If you are early off the ship then a flight time of 1130 or later is very achievable. The regular Canada Line fare from Waterfront Station is now $4 p/p. A taxi fare will run you about $35. Both modes will take you about 35 minutes. The Canada Line ticket vending machines accept CAD only but do take US Visa and MC as well as many ATM cards. Taxi drivers will take USD, and US Visa and MC.

• 4 weeks later...
You also asked about luggage storage at the port and the answer is YES - they will even transfer your luggage to the airport (they have a luggage storage facility there too) for a fee!

Do you have the name of the luggage storage facility?

Do you have the name of the luggage storage facility?

Priority Baggage - website here, but NB: most of the info was deleted in 2013 and they still have not added the new info yet. Link to most recent archived version is here.

Call them if you want to verify about pricing in case it has changed - but no difference from the 2012 rates last year, so fingers crossed it will also remain the same for the 2014 cruise season.

Priority Baggage - website here, but NB: most of the info was deleted in 2013 and they still have not added the new info yet. Link to most recent archived version is here.

Call them if you want to verify about pricing in case it has changed - but no difference from the 2012 rates last year, so fingers crossed it will also remain the same for the 2014 cruise season.

Thanks