More of a passport question but...

juanarcin

I'm hoping someone here might know an answer to this. I am getting ready to book a cruise online. I am being asked for my passport number. The issue is that I am planning on updating my passport. I traveled last year and I almost didn't get let onto the flight because I had lost a significant amount of weight and it didn't quite look like me. Since then I'v continued loosing weight so I rather get a new passport than risk it. So my question is, If I put my passport number when filling out my cruise form, but then later get a new Passport...will the number change? Or is it like a drivers license where the number is now your assigned number for life? I rather not wait for the new passport because there are some sales I'd like to take advantage of :)

thanks!

I'm hoping someone here might know an answer to this. I am getting ready to book a cruise online. I am being asked for my passport number. The issue is that I am planning on updating my passport. I traveled last year and I almost didn't get let onto the flight because I had lost a significant amount of weight and it didn't quite look like me. Since then I'v continued loosing weight so I rather get a new passport than risk it. So my question is, If I put my passport number when filling out my cruise form, but then later get a new Passport...will the number change? Or is it like a drivers license where the number is now your assigned number for life? I rather not wait for the new passport because there are some sales I'd like to take advantage of :)

thanks!

If this is going to cause so much chaos for you, why not just use a travel agent who won't be asking for your passport number or a cruise line booking agent (at least with Princess, you plug in your passport number yourself in order to be able to print out luggage tags)>

If it's a closed loop cruise originating in the USA and returning to the same port, and you're an American citizen why don't you just put that you have a birth certificate and then when you get your new passport change the info to reflect that you have a passport? On Carnival and NCL I can go back in and change my info up until 2 days before I cruise~

You will be able to update your passport number before embarkation if you renew it early. It's not like you're changing your name or birthday.

If they're persistent tell them it's expired and you'll renew prior to the cruise.

Thanks all for the replies! It's a closed loop from Barcelona not out of the U.S.

And the reason I wanted to book online vs the travel agency was because of the sell I was looking at as well as the perks that this particular website was offering. but I'll definitely check with an actual travel agent to see if they can match or maybe even have better options. thanks!