Yes, another FTTF question

SmittyCo

Having FTTF won't get you an earlier boarding time on the printed documents. I think our designated boarding time last year was 1:30PM and I looked at DH and said, "Yeah, right!" We were checked in and onboard by about 11:00AM.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

What if you are VIP because you have a suite, but also have FTTF?

Suites board with Platinum/Diamonds via the VIP lounge and before FTTF but don't have immediate access to their cabins unless they also have FTTF.

So go to the VIP lounge to check in and wait then directly to your cabin after boarding. You may be challenged when trying to go through the fire doors but since your boarding pass and luggage tags on your carry on all have the FTTF logo they will let you proceed to your cabin.

First cruise leave Baltimore Sunday. Started to print boarding passes last night and saw embarkation time of 2-4 PM. After reading this thread, I did see a red circle with Faster to the Fun on boarding pass and FTF on luggage tags. Thanks to each of you that helped answer my concerns.

This will be our 30th cruise coming up in September on the Breeze and we are Platinum and YES our room is always waiting and ready for us when we board the ship! I will say also that MOST of the time , since we like to embark early around 11am all of us are on the ship very fast, usually our friends and family that go with us are just behind us as far as getting on the ship, although their rooms are often not ready or accessible but our room is alway ready for us!

I think that after a certain time, probably 12 or so , then I am sure the lines are much longer and the Priority boarding makes a difference at that time, but if you like to get on the ship early then you really don't need FFTF. But for only $50 a cabin then that is pretty good deal to be able to access your room when you get on to dump off your carry on luggage! you don't need priority leaving for excursions unless you have a tendering port, then yes it makes a difference there as well, example would be Grand Cayman . I really wish they would have a priority line to get back ON the ship at tendering ports, sometimes those lines and waits are outrageous!

I don't know why some Platinum/ Diamond folks get so upset about the FTTF option.....I don't see that it takes away from any of the perks I get and since getting on is a breeze anyway, again doesn't effect me one bit! Like I said above if I was not Platinum yet I would consider getting FTTF just to be able to access my room early to drop off my stuff!!!

Happy Cruising!