Bringing CPAP onboard?

Last year on Enchantment I had to check out an extension cord from the Purser's desk. Then had to return it there at the end of the cruise (or they would charge me for it). No problem whatsoever with the distilled water in the cabin. The only pain was standing in the long line at the Purser's desk on the last day with everyone else settling their bill.

I forgot to let Special Needs know about my husband's CPAP, but all we had to do was tell the cabin steward. He got us the extension cord. Hubby doesn't use the humidifier, so we didn't need the water. That was on the Independence, last week!

Even if you notify Special Needs everything might not be in your room when you arrive.

If so…don't panic ..just ask your room attendant………….

We didn't panic in December on the Legend as our attendants have often needed to be reminded of our special needs request. This time though, he brought the cord but the ship was out of distilled water. They didn't locate any until day 5 of our cruise. They said that many folks ordered the water thru their room attendant that hadn't reserved thru special needs. I didn't buy that as a good excuse though, someone just goofed and didn't have enough in inventory.

We ended up purchasing a few quarts off of a pharmacist in Grenada, costing LOTS more than we ordinarily pay in a grocery store. Guest services did reimburse us.

Edited by CruiseKeeper

I didn't notice anyone mention oxygen with their cpap. I have to use oxygen also hooked up to mine that so I had to contact a company called travel o2 to deliver a oxygen compressor to the ship for a 7 day cruise at a cost of $300.00. Has anyone had to do this and if so how did it work out. I leave for my cruise in about 2 weeks so I hope everything works out ok. Is there any advise anyone can give me.

We had no problem getting an extension cord on the Navigator last May formy husband's Resmed S9. After reading this thread, I went back to check if he should be using distilled water but it is all good for this model as it has a cleanable tub.

I always carry my own CPAP machine as you just never know how it will get banged around in luggage and they are expensive. It doesn't take much room to put your own cord in the bag and just leave it there as I have stayed in hotel rooms that the plug is not near the bed. Better to be safe then sorry. This is just my opinion but I wouldn't take a chance. Linda