JAX - suggestions for inexpensive hotel/parking?

cbCRR

Cruising next January.

Any suggestions for inexpensive hotels close to port? We have stayed at Red Roof on Airport Road a few years back.

What about parking? Looks like VIP increased their rates since last time we sailed from JAX.

Thanks!

Cruising next January.

Any suggestions for inexpensive hotels close to port? We have stayed at Red Roof on Airport Road a few years back.

What about parking? Looks like VIP increased their rates since last time we sailed from JAX.

Thanks!

Nothing is really near the port except for a Holiday Inn Express. We always stay at the Hampton Inn at the airport because it's in walking distance to three restaurants and is nice and clean. But there are lots of other hotels chains right in the same area.

Jax is the one port we prefer to park at the port due to the convenience.

VIP has just opened a new lot that is supposed to be about a mile from the port and has a free shuttle.....but the rates I saw posted on these boards yesterday didn't look like that much of a bargain to me. The rates you were looking could have been for the new lot.

Edited by GTO-Girl

We used the last minute travel website which offered a stay at the Jacksonville airport, I believe it was the Residence Inn. On the residence inn website they advertise cruise and stay and agreed to include this as part of our reservation from last minute travel. I had the travel agent write it into the comments box during the reservation to cover us in case there were problems. We stayed at the hotel for about 98.00 - had free breakfast, parking for the week, and round trip shuttle for two to the cruise port. We paid $10.00 pp extra for the kids to shuttle with us. I think it was a great deal. Currently, there prices are a little higher.

I stayed at the Best Western on Airport Rd. and parked my car there for the week and took their shuttle to the port. I can't remember how much it was for the night I stayed there but it was a nice hotel and convenient.

Me thinks Caribbeanboy must work for VIP Parking.........very few posts and all of them about this parking facility.....:;):

That being said.......I am very glad they have opened a parking place this near the port and I do wish them well!!!

It is very much needed!!!!!!!!

we have stayed multiple time at Jax Plaza either before our cruise departing in Jax or on the way to another port in Florida as Jax Plaza is a convenient stopping point on the drive down for us. They offer a cruise parking pkg but we have never used it as we always park at the port when departing Jax.