Bubbly and Booze

jjs217

We are preparing for our second Seabourn cruise - the last being two years ago. Do they still provide a bottle of bubbly in the room at embarkation? When did they take Glenlivet off of the room service alcohol menu? If I request a single malt in the comments section, do you think they would provide it as part of the package without an extra charge? I'm extravagant enough to book a Seabourn Cruise, but I'm cheap enough to not want to pay extra for a bottle of booze.:o

I don't think Glenlivet is off the available list. We got off Sojourn 10 days ago and that was my husband's choice for the room and we received it. I just typed it in on the request form. I don't remember it being one of the regular choices on the form before. I think I've always added it.

I don't think Glenlivet is off the available list. We got off Sojourn 10 days ago and that was my husband's choice for the room and we received it. I just typed it in on the request form. I don't remember it being one of the regular choices on the form before. I think I've always added it.

Thank you - I'll do that and please my hubby.:)

My husband loves a single malt and I love a brandy and in the past I have requested it on the form, and not received it. The stewardess has always provided it on request on embarkation day. It is not a problem so just ask.:

My experience has been that the stewardess opens the minibar after giving us the introductory champagne, canapes and soap, and asks us if everything is in order. That is our opportunity to address any missing beverage selections without having to bring it up separately ... a response rather than a request.