Splash Academy Dolphins- Getaway- St. Thomas

LrgPizza

In THIS POST, the listed activities show the Splash Academy Dolphins exploring Blackbeard's Castle from 10:00 to 12:00 while at St. Thomas. Since this was posted before the ship had actually sailed this itinerary, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? If not, could someone going on a cruise in the near future grab a copy of that Splash Academy information? We are trying to find out if this is actually an off-ship kids' club activity, and if it still takes place at that time. We want to book an excursion for St. Thomas, but don't want a conflict if the kids are actually doing a kids club excursion of their own. Our son would much rather do that with the other kids than hang with ol' mom and dad.

Try a asking this on the family board.

I was thinking the NCL board would have more specific info about the NCL Getaway's Splash Academy than the family board, since that is made up of cruisers from all lines, and only a percentage have ever sailed NCL or the Getaway specifically, but I guess I can try. :cool:

Edited... It's really no big deal. We were just looking into non-NCL excursions, which would mean making arrangements before we sail. Since we can't do that without knowing what Splash Academy has planned, we will just wing it at St. Thomas. We've spent a couple weeks on the island before and are very familiar with it, so no big deal to not book anything.

Edited by LrgPizza

Cruisenmama is a ncl expert and has ncl pages from all her cruises. She may be able to answer. I don't think there are off ship activities in the non-private islands. But I do not know for sure. She would know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll ask her. The pages show what would appear to be off ship. I know it's a specific question since the ship has only sailed a handful of times. I didn't realize she's done it yet. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be on the Getaway 4/5 if you can wait! Will report back..we are just winging St. Thomas, so if they do anything i may send my two.

Yes, I can absolutely wait! Thank you very much.

That has to be something within the kids club. I cannot imagine any cruise ship allowing liability like that - take a group of kids off the ship w/out their parents. I've never been on a cruise that has allowed that.

Neither have I! I was surprised to see it on there, and that's why I'm trying for clarification.

Yes, I can absolutely wait! Thank you very much.

Neither have I! I was surprised to see it on there, and that's why I'm trying for clarification.

If the OP forgets, I will definitely get the list and also ask when we go on the 12th.