VIFP Point question

ohioborn

Hello, I am currently a gold status member and on my next cruise which is a back to back I will become a Platinum member. However this will not occur until my final cruise day. I was wanting to know if I would be considered a Platinum member for my entire cruise or would I have to wait until the final day?

If you turn platinum on the final cruise day of the first leg, you will be platinum for both. If it's the final day of the second cruise, you will still be gold for the first and then platinum for the second.

Hello, I am currently a gold status member and on my next cruise which is a back to back I will become a Platinum member. However this will not occur until my final cruise day. I was wanting to know if I would be considered a Platinum member for my entire cruise or would I have to wait until the final day?

When we became Platinum last April, we did so on the first leg of our back to back, well before we actually "earned" it. If your booking summary for the first leg does not state "Priority" in the upper right hand corner, contact customer service, they can help you.

Enjoy!

Kevin C

If you turn platinum on the final cruise day of the first leg, you will be platinum for both. If it's the final day of the second cruise, you will still be gold for the first and then platinum for the second.

We did a B2B January 2013 which was our 9th & 10th cruise. We were given Platinum status on #9 because it was a B2B. Some people on CC said they did not get Platinum on the 1st leg of their B2B if they weren't really entitled to it till #10.

Make sure your B2B cruise is linked together.

Also, as someone else mentioned, check your cruise docs to see what it says for the 1st cruise. I was really surprised & happy when I checked ours & it showed PRIORITY for our 9th cruise.

I would think you would be platinum on the start of your second cruise.

When we did a back to back we received priority boarding for the first of the two cruises. For the second leg you just walk off and back on which is better than platinum.

On the second leg you will get free laundry.

Have a fun cruise.

As long as your "final cruise day" is not debarkation day then you will be Platinum for the entire 1st leg. And your boarding pass for the 1st leg should reflect that.

It does take some time for your cruise history to be updated with completed cruise days, so there may be an issue with your "status" on the 2nd leg.

Right now, it may very well show your boarding docs for the 1st leg as Platinum and for the 2nd leg as Gold since you can't really "link" 2 separate cruises and you aren't Platinum yet since you haven't yet embarked for the 1st cruise.

It's not a big deal, just right now make sure your boarding docs for the 1st cruise say Platinum. Once you are on the 1st cruise, go to guest services to ensure that they know that you are on a B2B and that you became Platinum on the 1st leg. They will take it from there.