Of All the Things that make Cruising our Vacation of Choice.......

sail7seas

Sail -

Good observation. I also enjoy the "hassle free" experience of cruising - this is precisely why we continue to choose cruising for most all our vacations.

For me, unpacking only once is the best. I also enjoy the perks of an S category - as I've mentioned, I think the free laundry is one of my favorites - absolutely no thoughts or worries - just bag it and go...

I've never thought too much about dining until you posed the question - but, yes - it is nice to know you have the same table in the same spot each evening (other than Pinnacle nights) and don't have to give it another thought.

I used to think it was not a big deal if we were in an outside cabin or Suite. One of the primary reasons I've changed my mind and done a 180 on this issue is because of the lack of effort that needs go into anything when you have a Suite - in addition to the the laundry; there is the ease of embarkation, disembarkation, shore excursions, Pinnacle reservations, shipboard accounts, etc. - all which can be handled quickly and efficiently by the concierge. :)

I like the security that the cruise ship offers. Many, many years ago a female friend and I flew to the Bahamas for a week's vacation. We did not feel particularly safe in our hotel because a couple of tourists had items stolen from their rooms, and we were reluctant to go out evenings because there was a rash of purse snatchings in the area. In addition, we were being pestered by the locals. I was relieved when the week was over. The cruise ship eliminates that problem because if I feel uncomfortable or don't like the stop, I just get back on the ship.

I enjoy being able to unpack only once and have my hotel move around. I love the seascapes and the people I meet and the relaxation that I find in a deck chair, or a lounge perch.

Think ... the Crows next in the early afternoon, a glass of something at my elbow, book in my lap, binoculars at the ready, iPod playing into my ears something lovely by Mozart, Handel, Bach, Hayden, Beethoven, or a half-dozen other composers. A slice of heaven, indeed.

And what woman wouldn't???? :D

LOL! :D

(I'm afraid a note about this will have to be placed in your permanent file, Jim.)

We like the current HAL setup ...Dining Room with table assignments, Pinnacle Grill option via reservation, LIDO for flexibility, and room service anytime.

We don't plan too rigidly on a cruise, and the current choices cover every contingency for us. As it stands now, only Pinnacle reservations require advanced planning.

FOR EVERY REASON THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN PLUS----ON A CRUISE SHIP WE GET ROCKED TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT!!!:D

LOL ... I love being rocked to sleep and even feeling the motion of the ocean during the day. Makes me know I am on a cruise ship ... and not just on any old vacation.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but the more the ship is moving, the happier I am. I always love it when I can feel the boat rocking while I am at the show or doing whatever in the evening because that builds the anticipation that I will sleep as the waves roll me around! I actually REQUEST the cabins at the very front or back of the ship! More motion there!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived