Insurance for over 70 yr old

SeaTheWorldBySea

Julie, we use tripinsurance.com

I just played with the numbers: the rough quote for 2 weeks in September 2014, $10K trip total cost starts from $482. InsureMyTrip.com starts from $600. I hope it helps.

Edited by id est

Make sure you compare apples to apples...a lot of variations from company to company. ~~Judy

Good advice. Price should only come into play after one has compared coverages and limits. Then all being equal, price can be the deciding factor. Insuremytrip.com allows you to compare policies side by side which is helpful. You can call them if you have questions. Also check out the travel insurance board. Might find some good info over there.

The insurance we usually buy is now more painful, since DH turned 71. I know the Viking insurance is also very high. Has anyone, 71 or older, found a reasonable insurance to cover cancellation and medical?

Are you in Australia? We use our credit card travel insurance. Our T A says these travel insurances don't cover everything but I have read the conditions and can't see any real difference. Both nab and commonwealth bank don't require special medicals before the age of 80. Of course you are not covered for pre existing medical conditions which is common to all travel insurances I believe . If you want to cover pre existing medical conditions you would need to contact the insurer and see what they can do.

Are you in Australia? We use our credit card travel insurance. Our T A says these travel insurances don't cover everything but I have read the conditions and can't see any real difference. Both nab and commonwealth bank don't require special medicals before the age of 80. Of course you are not covered for pre existing medical conditions which is common to all travel insurances I believe . If you want to cover pre existing medical conditions you would need to contact the insurer and see what they can do.

I should have added that to activate travel insurance you have to purchase $500- $1000 of your trip using your card and then the insurance is free. Keep a copy of bank statement or receipt as proof of purchase and take a copy with you on your trip.