Rhapsody-Jamaica-Which port?

Rhapsody lists Mobay as the port for its Jamaica sailings. I have read on this board that the Rhapsody has yet to go to Mobay and only had docked in Ocho Rios. Any information as to which port to plan for would be appreciated. It is difficult to plan excursions if you don't know the port. RCL reps say that the itinerary is Mobay and to plan for that. Thanks in advance for any information.

I spoke to a independent tour operator in Ocho Rios and she said the Rhapsody is schedule to dock there at least through the summer.

For what it's worth, we'll be on the Rhapsody in Nov., and I booked a tour for Ohco Rios. I don't think they'll make it to MoBay.

The itinerary on their website shows OR. When you click on the specific sailing, it still shows Mobay. Rumor has it it is OR but RCCL does not seem to have their act together on this issue. Hope it stays at OR - sounds like a better port with a better Margaritaville!

Everything for 10/2 now says Ocho Rios. I remember reading somewhere on these boards that RCI was having trouble getting docking privileges in MoBay. (I think TXSailor was the one that made the statement, but my memory is not what it used to be. TXSailor, if I misquoted you, I apologize.)

Hi Red & Pat:

Well, looks like you all are going to Jamaica? What sailing? We are leaving Sept.4th 2005 back to Jamaica on the Rhapsody. We went to Ocho Rios on the Rhapsody the week before you all got on the ship in May. Looks like Ocho Rios is the official port of call.

Hi vicki!!!

Fausto

Hey Fausto-hope you are well. We are on the 13 Nov sail this time (2 couples in JS), and have already booked our May 2006 sail (8 people, 3 JS and one inside). Any tips on OR? We probably want to avoid DR Falls; maybe a nice beach followed by JB's Margarittaville. We were hoping for the all-inclusive Sunset resort in Mobay, but it seems not to be. Would appreciate any input, aside from your funny experience on your B2B. Red

Archived