wine from MDR to bar

silversurf

Can we take our bottle of wine from MDR to a bar after dinner? We would drink half a bottle each in an evening, but not all with dinner.

I'm not sure about taking wine to the bar but when we couldn't finish a bottle they saved it for the next night.

Can we take our bottle of wine from MDR to a bar after dinner? We would drink half a bottle each in an evening, but not all with dinner.

Yes, not a problem. Just the same as buying it in one bar and moving to another.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can drink any drinks you buy on board anywhere.

The only restriction is No Glass at all around the pools for obvious safety reasons.

If you buy drink ashore or from the duty free you can only drink it in your cabin (unless you are sneaky)

Hi ParCan

Interested in the remark in brackets that's the type of behaviour if you are caught doing it could cause P&O to apply the same rules as the other lines regarding taking alcohol aboard.

If you can afford to pay the cruise fare surely the cost if alcohol onboard P&O ships is not prohibitive. I appreciate P&Os attitude to alcohol for cabin consumption and would not like to seeing it being withdrawn.

Hi ParCan

Interested in the remark in brackets that's the type of behaviour if you are caught doing it could cause P&O to apply the same rules as the other lines regarding taking alcohol aboard.

If you can afford to pay the cruise fare surely the cost if alcohol onboard P&O ships is not prohibitive. I appreciate P&Os attitude to alcohol for cabin consumption and would not like to seeing it being withdrawn.

Well said, I'm with you on this.

Yes, not a problem. Just the same as buying it in one bar and moving to another.

There might be an issue carrying the glasses out of the MDR - the waiters only have so many to go round - but carrying the bottle is no issue and any bar staff should be happy to supply fresh glasses. If in doubt, ask your wine waiter in the MDR.

BTW - Princess Cruises ask passengers not to take wine glasses from "Vines" wine bar - as they are particularly expensive Riedel ones that are not used anywhere else on the ship.

Edited by lake5298

You read so many threads on these boards about sneaking alcohol on board its unbelievable.

If you are spending thousands of pounds on a nice cruise why is a couple of hundred pounds drinks bill such a problem for people, The prices on P&O ships are quite reasonable in my view, certainly no more than I would expect to pay in a decent town center pub:cool:

Whilst I would never dream of sneaking drinks on board and agree that P&O's prices are reasonable and compare very favourably with town centre pubs and restaurants, from a personal point of view I have to save very hard to afford my cruise, which is why I can't cruise every year, so a drinks bill of a couple of hundred pounds over a week is a big deal. I'm invariably on a budget whilst on board, but I wouldn't jeopardise the reasonably priced drinks and in-cabin drinks policy for it. I found RCI's drinks prices to be extortionate - 3 years on and I still haven't got over the shock of 14 quid for an average glass of Merlot, the kind of stuff you'd pay about £7/bottle for in a UK supermarket!

In my case limiting the drink intake has the added benefit of reducing the damage to the waistline too!:D