So much to do...So little time...

kelleyd

I was wondering if I could get some help planning my trip. I am sailing Sept. 24th on the Horizon. According to the itinerary...Arrive St. George Monday 11am depart Tuesday 7am. Arrive Hamilton 9am Tuesday depart Thursday 1pm.

What we would like to do: island tour, 1/2 day scuba, caves, maritime museum, 1/2 day private boat rental for swimming and snorkeling

That pretty much sums it up...It seems like I may need to cut something out of this - I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Kelley

Definately snorkel at the Snorkel Park at the dockyards.. but I would avoid "peak time"-- go after 3:00pm.

Horseshoe Bay beach is not to be missed.

Do both caves-- Fantasy and Crystal Caverns. (Do them on your own-- not on the ship excursion. Go early to beat the crowds).

I've heard the glass bottom kiyaking is really good. We didn't have time for that, but plan on doing it next trip.

Have fun!!!

Kelly,

When in St. George try Tobacco Bay. You can float around to your heart's content or snorkle among the rocks. The water is very calm. It has a small beach and many people from the ship will be there. So try and get there early (before 10:30 or after 2). I have been there many times and I know you'll like it. That town is small, so you can walk and shop within a couple of hours.

While in Hamilton go to Horseshoe Bay. I know you will enjoy your day there. This is one beach you do not want to miss as Surfgirl said. You can take a cab or a bus (#7). On the bus you have to pay with tokens (no cash).

Also, I have heard that the scuba diving is excellent. You'll have to ask someone else about you is reliable.

You probably won't get all of your activities in, so save one or two for your next cruise. You will love the island, people, and overall time there, if you haven't been there before.

If you want any other info. let me know. You also might want to try and contact Bermuda Longtail since he lives there.

Michael

With your itinerary, we would like to make a few suggestions. Be sure to get an island map, so you can get a feel for the "lay of the land"! An island tour is always our first recommendation. In your case, we suggest you wait until you arrive in Hamilton to do that. On your first day, enjoy St. George, the colonial town is small and quaint. The caves are nearby, and so is the infamous Swizzle Inn!! A carriage ride around St. George is very nice also. Believe the Ultimate Water tour also has a combo snorkel trip, check on that...even the 1 1/2 hr. water tour, around Castle Harbor, Billionaire's Row, etc. is great.

Arrange for an island tour with one of the guides that will be waiting when you first arrive in Hamilton. Discuss with him/her, that you have seen St. George, and want to see other parts of the island (we suggest a 3 hour minimum tour). The tour does not have to end where it begins, so you could have it end out at the Naval Dockyard, where the Maritime Museum is located...2 birds, 1 stone!..just a thought....and you can take the high-speed ferry back to Hamilton.

So many things!! We have visited Bermuda many, many times, and still have not seen it all....so plan on a return visit!:)

Enjoy planning!!

Thanks so much for all the responses. It will help to make our planning a little easier. Looks like renting the boat is out...And the non round trip for the tour is a good idea.

Thanks again everyone...hopefully sailing hurricane free in September!

Kelley

Archived