Family Suite - I took your advice and questions

Janieee

We just upgraded to a Family Suite on the Dawn. To confuse you, we are sailing with my husband, twins, parents and grandma. We originally booked one of my twins with my grandma in her cabin so we could have more room. When we went to upgrade, we only upgraded our cabin so one of our twins in not officially in the suite. Are we going to have any issue putting him in our room anyway? Will my parents and grandmother be allowed to visit us? Will we be able to have them join us for breakfast at Cagney's?

My second question is I'm confused as to whether or not the Family Suite is part of the Haven. When you go to the Haven link it isn't listed on there.

For those of you who have traveled in the Family Suite on the Dawn, I would love to hear your experiences!

Edited by Janieee

Good choice on the upgrade to the family suite. Is your other room with Grandma connecting? Is your plan that grandma will stay by herself in that room?

I'm confused about how many total people you have- is it mom, dad, baby, baby, grandma? How many does your suite claim to sleep (this can be found on the deck plans, using the symbols). Typically speaking, it does not matter who is booked in which room- you can swap however- but it might make a difference if you are over the allowed total.

There is not a Haven area on the Dawn, so that's not an issue.

The other issue you may run into is that some of you are booked into a suite, while others are not. This means that technically speaking ONLY the suite passengers have access to the suite benefits such as special breakfast/lunch in Cagneys, priority tenders, priority embarkation/debarkation, etc. Sometimes for combined groups the concierge may grant those privledges to the entire group but that's completely up to him/her.

Booking a suite with non suite people does pose some possible issues. Only those that PAID for a suite get the suite perks. A few of the soft perks like priority boarding are sometimes okay. But eating in Cagneys is for those that PAID for it.

Good luck with it.

Edited by garycarla

Check into a 2-bedroom for parents and grandma. With the 3rd person free it would just be the fare for the first 2 people - say the parents - and grandma would be free.

Depending on what kind of rooms they have booked now the total to combine & upgrade to the 2-bedroom could be less or just a little more and then everyone gets the suite perks.

In January, we cruised on the Dawn in the 2 bedroom family suite in kind of the same situation with a large group booked in different rooms. My younger sister came along as our nanny and although she was booked in a different room with some of the other members of our group she stayed with us in the 2nd bedroom and that was not a problem at all.

For most of the suite perks like priority boarding, tendering, and preview to the chocolate buffet no one cared that she was with us. However for Cagney's they do only let you have the number of people actually booked in the room. That was the only place we ran into an issue.