Selecting an S-class cabin...

gsu_paintballer

Would anyone be able to help me choose between 6204, 6206, and 6207? It appears 07 is "on the hump" and may have a larger balcony. We're booking a 2D for price reasons.

A smaller obstruction is more important to us. Does anyone have experience with these?

Edited by gsu_paintballer

Would anyone be able to help me choose between 6204, 6206, and 6207? It appears 07 is "on the hump" and may have a larger balcony. We're booking a 2D for price reasons.

A smaller obstruction is more important to us. Does anyone have experience with these?

Did you search the thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018 to see if those cabins have reviews?

Even side is my choice. Deck 5 on the odd side is often a place where smokers smoke. Smoke rises. I would avoid deck 6 odd side cabins. I have been on deck 6 on the hump and further aft. All of the cabins are similar. The basic cabins alternate with bed near bathroom or balcony. I prefer bed near balcony. Pay attention to what is ,ocated below your cabin. I was recently in 6268. Obstruction was not a problem. Noise from the ensemble lounge below played until midnight. It was not a problem for us. The people in 6266 moved. They liked to go to sleep early. Hump cabins also get noise from the entertainment in the Grand Foyer. Again, it never goes past midnight. Have a nice cruise.

Between 6204 and 6206 I'd do 6206 to have the bed by the bathroom rather than by the balcony. That's just my preference though.

Other posters were right about the odd numbers on the hump other side, they are directly over where people smoke, i'd stay away as i could smell it on deck 8 above that area on the hump at times.

Even side is my choice. Deck 5 on the odd side is often a place where smokers smoke. Smoke rises. I would avoid deck 6 odd side cabins. I have been on deck 6 on the hump and further aft.

We were on deck 6 (odd/port side) and I am VERY sensitive to cigarette smoke. We never once smelled smoke while out on our balcony. Even when there were people out there, it did not waft up...the ship is moving and the smoke dissipates and does not rise as it would in a closed environment!