I need new plans, small islands?

eargal

We had an excursion planned and it was cancelled due to "poor management" by Coral Breezes.

We would like a beach break day since we have done Altun Ha, Lamanai and cave tubing/ziplining multiple times.

We will be on NCL and would consider booking through them this time since the beach break excursions from the ship take you straight to the island from the ship, skipping the tender. However, this used to be to Barriger Island but no longer is. They do not list what Caye they are currently using and a call to NCL resulted in no more specific information.

So, I'm looking for other suggestions as well as information from NCL passengers who know what island they have been using over the very recent weeks.

Thank you!!!

I think a lot of cruise ships are using Goff's Caye now. It's a spit of a caye with sandy beach but not a lot of structure, like Bannister ( which I think the OP meant, not Barrigers), just a couple of Palapas and a porta john.

Goff's Caye is absolutely beautiful. I have been there three times and the beach is stunning. The snorkeling is pretty good too if you want to do that.

And the free Rum Punch was fantastic if I remember correctly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of cruise ships are using Goff's Caye now. It's a spit of a caye with sandy beach but not a lot of structure, like Bannister ( which I think the OP meant, not Barrigers), just a couple of Palapas and a porta john.

Yes, I meant Bannister. Thank you for the correction and the information on Goff's Caye.:)

Goff's caye looks beautiful but did you say they do not have beach chairs to sit on? Also, why did Coral cancel the excursion?

From what I can tell there are no chairs although I see picnic tables in some pictures and limited shade. This would be an issue for my group since my mother needs a comfortable and shaded place to sit.

Here is a portion of the cancellation email Coral Breezes sent (in green).

I'm afraid we've had to suspend our Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling, and Bannister Beach Break for the time being. The management team has undergone some personnel changes lately. Unfortunately, they proved last week that they are not up to par.

Edited by eargal

From what I can tell there are no chairs although I see picnic tables in some pictures and limited shade. This would be an issue for my group since my mother needs a comfortable and shaded place to sit.

Here is a portion of the cancellation email Coral Breezes sent (in green).

I'm afraid we've had to suspend our Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling, and Bannister Beach Break for the time being. The management team has undergone some personnel changes lately. Unfortunately, they proved last week that they are not up to par.

Was there three weeks ago... Though chairs aren't included, there were a few guys renting chairs for 5 bucks. Highly reccomend... Beautiful island.