Future Booking

karinad

On our last Princess cruise we did an OBB as we usually do. We have not sailed Princess since then and I believe that it will expire this coming Oct. We have cruised, but not with Princess. We wanted to, but the prices and places just didn't work out.:(

I no longer have the credit card that the future booking was put on, so it can't be credited back to it. Will they just issue me a check?

Thank you!

I have not heard of OBB. Do you mean future cruise deposit that some call FCC where $100.00 is charged on your credit card on file and you have 2 years to use it as a deposit on a cruise?

My recommendation is to call Princess 1-800-PRINCESS. They are the only ones that can help you. I suspect they will be quite helpful.

Edited by hpeabody

I have not heard of OBB. Do you mean future cruise deposit that some call FCC where $100.00 is charged on your credit card on file and you have 2 years to use it as a deposit on a cruise?

My recommendation is to call Princess 1-800-PRINCESS. They are the only ones that can help you. I suspect they will be quite helpful.

Yes, that is what I mean. I'm still hoping that I'll see something I'd want to book on Princess. I think my "My Princess" says that it will expire Oct. 24, 2014.

People in the past have posted that first Princess will try to put it back to the credit card that was used.

If the credit card (or a replacement number) no longer exists, the bank will send that info back to Princess and then Princess will cut a check.

As suggested above, I would call Princess if it looks as if you will not be using the onboard booking deposits and ask what they will do since the original credit card no longer exists.

People in the past have posted that first Princess will try to put it back to the credit card that was used.

If the credit card (or a replacement number) no longer exists, the bank will send that info back to Princess and then Princess will cut a check.

As suggested above, I would call Princess if it looks as if you will not be using the onboard booking deposits and ask what they will do since the original credit card no longer exists.

Thank you! I guess that I will wait until after the summer to call. My luck I'd call and get the money back and then find a great deal on Princess for a cruise. I'd be kicking myself for losing the OBC!

Thank you! I guess that I will wait until after the summer to call. My luck I'd call and get the money back and then find a great deal on Princess for a cruise. I'd be kicking myself for losing the OBC!

If they were good for 2 years, we were told you can call Princess and they will extend them for another 2 years. So, if you have any reason to think you might cruise again with Princess, it would be worth keeping them. As well as the OBC, It's really nice to be able to book and have your deposit already there!

I just booked four cruises for 2015 and when I looked at the 8 FCC's that we had, I realized that two expired this fall and the rest next spring. I always thought that the date on the FCC was for the date it had to be booked by BUT it is the date that it has to be sailed by. So none of my 8 are good for the cruises I booked. I remember reading here that someone said they were able to extend them.

This was the day after I booked them. I called Princess and asked if I could extend them. She said yes but my TA would have to do it. My TA called the next day and he said it took a while but got the ones extended that were applied to those cruises. But they would not extend the other 4. You have to apply them to cruises for them to extend them.

We just did several cruises and I never thought about purchasing more since I had so many. BUT from now on, I plan to buy at least 2 every cruise.