POA shore Excursion questions

KitinIowa

We have booked 3 POA sponsored excursions for next month. How much time do we need to plan on getting to the embarkation point for tours? Do we go as a group from the ship? Do we meet just off-ship at some shuttle? We are complete newbies, no cruise experience whatsoever!

We have a cabin mid-ship on Deck 13 and for example if we have an excursion that is to start at 9:30 a.m. does that mean we need to leave our cabin or breakfast around 9:00 a.m. to get there? Less time than that? More?

A general guideline would be helpful... thanks!

We found it was best to be at the port terminal at least 15 minutes before your excursion. Your tickets will be in your cabin and say on them where the meeting place is. We booked 5 trips with NCL and all of our meeting places were off the ship in the terminal. I know some of the larger trips did meet in the theater and then go. If you have a trip booked at Kona go extra early as that is a tendered port and add an extra hour to get off the ship.

It is a beautiful cruise and hope you enjoy it!!

Unsure about the POA, but most NCL excursions we have met in a public area on the ship, often the theatre and left together. With a tender it's the same process, so all people on your tour or bus arrive on the dock at the same time. You are usually put on the same tender. The specific meeting place and time will be on your ticket. The ticket is delivered to your cabin on embarkation day or if booking on board prior to the excursion. They mark your name off a list so I'm sure if you weren't there they would ring your cabin to check. I usually only allow myself around 5-10 minutes to get to the meeting place.

Unsure about the POA, but most NCL excursions we have met in a public area on the ship, often the theatre and left together. With a tender it's the same process, so all people on your tour or bus arrive on the dock at the same time. You are usually put on the same tender. The specific meeting place and time will be on your ticket. The ticket is delivered to your cabin on embarkation day or if booking on board prior to the excursion. They mark your name off a list so I'm sure if you weren't there they would ring your cabin to check. I usually only allow myself around 5-10 minutes to get to the meeting place.

Not sure about all the shore excursions on POA, but as posted above, the ones we took met off the ship. Check the ticket and get there a little before the scheduled meeting time.

We were on the POA the beginning of the month and we did several ship sponsored tours. Your tickets will give you a meeting place and time. You will have an envelope waiting in your cabin for you. We had most that we met off the boat at the pier and there are crew members with signs to help you along. Normally had to be there 15 minutes prior. We met in Hollywood Theatre for Pearl Harbor on disembarkation day. Enjoy your cruise!

We were on the POA in February and booked 2 excursions through NCL. For whale watching in Maui (which was terrific) the meeting point was on the pier. There were plenty of staff with signs to indicate where each excursion should line up for their bus. In Kona we went on the Atlantis submarine, which I highly recommend. I suppose that since the ship was docked in the harbor and passengers needed to be tendered off ship, the meeting place for this excursion was in the Hollywood Theatre. In general, they have a good system for managing excursions. As others have said on this post, all pertinent information will be on your tickets in your cabin. If you have further questions, there is a shore excursion desk on board the ship. Have a wonderful time. It's a great cruise.