20 somethings on Caribbean Princess

sleitman

My partner and I are in our lates 20's and are tryin to decide on the Caribbean Princess or the Carnival Glory on 7/31/04. We want a nice ship/food but also to have other people our age to talk to...and hopefully gay. Any thoughts??

Welcome to the board, sleitman!

I've never been on either cruise line, but from what I've heard Princess is very gay-friendly, more so than Carnival. However, Carnival attracts a younger, more party-oriented crowd.

But since you are going in the summer, when just about every cruise line will have a good number of young couples with and without children, you should have no problem finding people your age.

You might also consider RCL, which is more upscale than Carnival but still attracts a very active group of young passengers, or Celebrity which is more upscale than Princess and attracts a more sedate crowd (sometimes a little older).

Hope this helps a little!

I would go with CARIBBEAN PRINCESS. Both Carnival and Princess are very gay friendly, but it seems more gay passengers choose Princess over Carnival.

Also, be prepared for lot's of children since you are traveling during the summer months. I think Carnival is worse in this regard than Princess. The GLORY cruises out of Pt. Canaveral which is very near Disney World, so that will mean even more kids then a ship out of Ft. Lauderdale like CARIBBEAN PRINCESS.

I've sailed on CARNIVAL CONQUEST and GOLDEN PRINCESS, which are near sisters to the ships you are considering. Both are beautiful ships but I would give the nod to GOLDEN PRINCESS (or CARIBBEAN PRINCESS in your case). The ship was just better designed, handled her passengers better, and had much better pool areas (they are open 24 hours). Carnival had the better food, but overall I preferred Princess with these two classes of ships.

If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to email me.

Best,
Ernie

Are you tied into the end of July cause I am traveling with a large group of friends on the caribbean princess july 3-10 and have heard from several other "family" that will be on board, would love to have another couple we are 20-30 somethings all single guys, will party every night to wee hours would love to see you guys there
Kevin
Greenville NC

Archived